These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Voice and Guitar at the same time?
by eam1990 on 2012-02-27 10:18:31

Hello all. I'm wondering, if I plug in a mic and my guitar to a X3 Live, will I be able to record both at the same time, on different channels? If not, what if I use a Dual Tone present and use Tone 1 for guitar and Tone 2 as a mic effect? Thanks for the help.

Re: Voice and Guitar at the same time?
by silverhead on 2012-02-27 10:30:10

You can record Tone 1 and Tone 2 seperately and simultaneously on different tracks in your recording program as long as your program has the ability to record at least two simultaneous tracks. I would be surprised if yours did not. As you suggest, you should set up your X3 preset to use Tone 1 as your guitar tone and Tone 2 for your vocals. Use the X3 usb connection to your computer, and configure your recording software to use the X3 and its ASIO driver as your audio device.

Once you have armed your two tracks for recording in your recording program, select the Tone 1 and Tone 2 options for each track in the Record Input selection area associated with each track in your recording program.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.