These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: BackTrack / MIDI Mobilizer

Backtrack Setup Page
by dzman on 2012-03-01 07:20:03

I am having trouble accessing the Setup Utility page for my Backtrack. The menu that I am given once in Setup" does not provide a tab to get to the adjustments. Neither does going into the Settings file.

Re: Backtrack Setup Page
by silverhead on 2012-03-01 07:30:45

What adjustments are you looking for? Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing, and describe what you expect to see?

by dzman on 2012-03-01 08:34:53

Hi, thanks for replying so quickly.

Forgive my lacking grasp of technology: What I am trying to get to is the menu, as seen on page 11 of my pilots guide, where I can adjust the Record Playback, Devise Information, Guitar, Audio, and microphone Capture Presets. I have loaded the Setup Utility.

The only menu I seem to be able to get to is through SYSTEM, then CUSTOMIZE, and then there are tabs for: General; Tools; Hardware; Sharing; Readyboost; and Customize.

by silverhead on 2012-03-01 08:55:42

Have you downloaded the Bactrack Setup Utility program? It is a Line 6 software program that you launch by double-clicking like any other program/application. But first you have to download and install it:

http://line6.com/software/

Select">http://line6.com/software/">http://line6.com/software/

SelectBackTrack as the Product, Backtrack Setup Utility as the Software, and then select your operating system. Once downloaded, run the installer.

by dzman on 2012-03-01 09:14:32

yes

by silverhead on 2012-03-01 09:24:49

Are you saying that when you double-click on the BackTrack Setup utility program you do not see the image on page 13 of the pilot's guide?

by dzman on 2012-03-01 10:12:33

Correct.

All it wants to do is install the Wizard each time. I click "finish", x-out of it, and then when I bring the menu back up, double click on the set up utility, it reloads the wizard again. No other op[tions are provided.

by silverhead on 2012-03-01 12:06:04

Wizard? What wizard?

If you are double-clicking on the file you downloaded - that is the installation file. And yes, the installation wizasrd will run to install the program file. After letting the wizard perform the installation then you will be able to actually run the Setup utility.

by dzman on 2012-03-05 08:13:51

There is my issue. I can not seem to figure out how to get the actual program to run.  Most likely operator error. All I am able to do is run the setup wizard. Unable to find the proper path to the actual menu for changing the settings.

by silverhead on 2012-03-05 08:30:48

If the setup wizard has installed the program correctly you will find the program under the All Programs listing in the Start Menu (I'm talking Windows here; if you are on Mac then I'm sure there's a similar way to find installed programs). Look for the Line 6 folder and go through the subfolders until you find the Backtrack Setup Utility program. Run the program.

by dzman on 2012-03-05 11:41:34

Operator Error. Thanks for your help.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.