These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD Bean Edit software not recognizing stock tones
by zman32006 on 2012-03-01 15:15:25

I recently purchased a POD HD Bean and I had a POD HD500 before but had to sell due to some bills and got this as a good deal. Anyways, when I plug the POD into the computer it syncs the tones to the edit software but the edit software does not recognize any tones. Theyre on the POD but the edit software wont recognize them. Its specific words say "Invalid data found in one or more tones. These patches have been reset and are now 'New Tone (reset)'" I can sync all of my old tones from my HD500 to the Bean and edit them in both edit softwares but the Bean wont recognize the tones that came stock on the Bean. All firware is up to date and Drivers, etc... as of today (03/1/2012) Any other info you need just ask. Thanks, Zach

Re: POD HD Bean Edit software not recognizing stock tones
by WagnerSaucedo on 2012-03-01 20:34:27

i am having the same exact problem, someone needs to figure this out asap.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-03-01 21:19:28

The lastest Firmware and HD Edit were released to fix a problem with squeeling introduced with version 1.40.   The new versions are configured to reject patches containing certain 'bad' data that may cause the squeeling and have the effect that you describe (I understand - personally I have not updated yet).

Not all patches should do this from what I am told.  Have you tried restoring a whole set list of patches and see what happens?

by zman32006 on 2012-03-07 04:17:21

All but 3 patches of the original pod patches don't work, and only 5 of my patches from my hd500 work and I have 40 of those... Sorry I would've replied sooner but line 6 never sent an email saying people have replied,I need to change that haha

by mazuwa on 2012-03-07 04:45:53

As I recently read, one user made the purpose to open the patch with the edit version that worked before (if you cannot load them with the newest version). Then you have to write down with a pencil on a piece of paper the settings, and finally return the the newest editor and recreate the patches. This will make a new correct soundset. You have nothing done wrong before, it's just v1.40 was bugy. A hard job with 40 of those...

by zman32006 on 2012-03-08 04:31:22

That's what I was afraid of and didn't want to do... Oh well such is life

by zman32006 on 2012-03-10 12:20:01

Well I got the stock tones to come up by redownloading the firmware, but no luck getting my tones to go in but I did do abunch by hand and that is working.

by lakkie94 on 2012-09-09 08:34:57

yeah, i had the same thing with my bean and that error told me to restart my pod, line 6 monkey and line 6 edit. so i did!

but the pod fucking crashed!!! its only loading the starting screen that says: LINE 6 all over again..

what the fuck am i going to do about it?!

by toneman2121 on 2012-09-09 10:56:00

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2222

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.