These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 bypass
by gfkopf on 2012-03-01 16:40:01

Hi there,

So I have been using my UX2 with Podfarm for a couple of years now and I love it.  It's amazing - what else is there to say?  Just recently, though, I purchased a MacBook Pro and I loaded Logic 9 on to it.  Given that there is a whole host of new plug-ins and amp models to play with in Logic, I was wondering if there was a way to use the UX2 just to route the guitar signal through to Logic with out Podfarm adding anything to the signal.  Basically, what I think I am asking is, "Is there a way to bypass Podfarm using the UX2?"

My goal here is simple:  I just want the guitar input to reach Logic 9 without anything added to it so that I can start with a "clean slate," as it were.  Does this make sense?

Re: UX2 bypass
by vldfkila on 2012-03-03 09:34:56

Yes, you can. Inside of Logic select your UX2 as the audio device. That's all it takes. Create an audio track. Tthe output from your UX2 comes in clean. POD effects won't be added unless you want to bring it in as a plug-in.

Re: UX2 bypass
by Line6Don on 2012-03-13 11:07:58

+1 to vldfkila.

vldfkila's answer above is correct.

You do not have to use the stand alone POD Farm application in order to use the UX2 with a recording software. Simply follow the instructions that vldfkila provided above.

If you still have questions or are still experiencing an issue please start a new thread and mark the discussion as a question. To do so you can follow the link below and Ask a Question:

http://line6.com/support/community/support/

style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif';">For more information about using the Online Technical Support System please review our FAQ at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1451

style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt;">Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.