These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pod Farm problem
by Chernorizec on 2012-03-01 17:41:30

Hi guys!

Well i use POD xt and when i start my pod farm 2.5 dont get any sound,even that detects the sound in the high left corner.When i play the open strings and the sound matter starts to move and thats it.I tried with the usual method...unpluged the usb,wait for a bit and then i put it back,going to preferences/hardware chooseing PODxt ASIO and again.Nothing happens.I use win 7 and i think that the problem is coming from the options,but still...i tried everything really..Help me please!

Re: Pod Farm problem
by silverhead on 2012-03-01 17:48:37

How are you monitoring the sound? Since the Pod XT is producing the sound you need to have your headphones/speakers connected to the XT outputs, not to your computer.

by Chernorizec on 2012-03-01 17:55:17

I see but whats the point?I mean why the speakers cant provide the sound from the PC?And since i dont have headphones or speakers which i cant put into the xt i cant provide any sound at all??? :/

by silverhead on 2012-03-01 18:05:54

The soundcard in your PC is bypassed when Pod Farm is used with the XT. The XT becomes the soundcard. That means the sound produced by the Pod Farm software is sent over the usb connection to the XT and is played by the XT. In order to hear it you need to connect your monitors (headphones or speakers) to the XT. You won't hear anything from the speakers connected to your PC soundcard because that soundcard is not being used to play the sound.

If you don't have external speakers for your PC that you could simply disconnect from your PC and reconnect to the XT, and if you don't have headphones, then there is one way you can use your PC internal speakers. You can connect the XT headphones output to your PC soundcard input. That way you can force you PC soundcard to receive and play the sound produced by the XT. I don't recoemmend it, but you can do it if you wish. The sound quality will suffer because the XT is a much better soundcard than the one built into your computer. It's kind of like buying a great audio system for your HD TV, and then listening through your tinny little TV speakers anyway.

by Chernorizec on 2012-03-01 19:16:39

thanks for your post man.It was very helpful.I actualy plugged my amp into the xt "phones" jack and works perfectly.Cheers!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.