These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

PodXT Pro set as sound card, can't hear pc sounds
by shinedown123 on 2012-03-04 01:36:44

Hi everybody,

First post here, sorry if it's a noob question but it's one I just don't know the answer to and need your help.

I have my active monitors running through the outs on the PodXT Pro and it sounds fantastic, very happy with it! Now I no longer have my monitors running through my pc soundcard however, I now have no sound from my pc. So if I play music or a video file I have no sound. I have the PodXT Pro set as my default device but my pc just doesn't recognise to send sounds through it to my speakers.

Once again sorry for the noob question, I did try searching various terms over the last couple of days but with no joy.

Many thanks in advance!

Re: PodXT Pro set as sound card, can't hear pc sounds
by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-03-04 02:14:58

You need to select Pod ASIO drivers in your sound card. Try going to the Audio devices of your computer (in Control Panel or your equivalent).

by shinedown123 on 2012-03-04 03:30:32

Under playback the only item enabled is the Pod, labelled as Digital Audio (S/PDIF) High Definition Audio Device as default.

Under recording the only item enabled is the Pod, labelled as Digital Audio Device Line 6 PODxt Pro as default.

Do I have to change anything in the Line 6 Audio-MIDI settings? It's set as Send Processed Guitar at the moment.

It's rigged up via USB at the moment too. 

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-03-04 03:51:03

Not sure about this one. The fact that playback device says SPDIF makes me think it's looking for audio on SPDIF rather than USB.

Is there no other option for playback device?

by shinedown123 on 2012-03-04 04:41:13

Apart from Speakers & Headphones, no.

The Pod sounds awesome through the monitors though, no delay or latency. I just want to be able to hear whatever I'm playing on my pc through the speakers at the same time. Whether that be a backing track or a piece of music.

by shinedown123 on 2012-03-04 09:35:02

Just looking again...it seems Windows 7 isn't recognizing the Pod XT Pro as a playback device, only a recording device.

Any ideas?

by shinedown123 on 2012-03-10 01:55:21

Anymore help or ideas? Still not managed to sort this during the week.

Just to refresh. I have POD XT Pro plugged into PC via USB, then monitors into the POD. Guitar spunds great through them but I'm getting no sound from my PC.

Thanks in advance.

by Triryche on 2012-03-10 09:18:04

Run the Monkey and make sure all your drivers/firmware are current.

by BigChas52 on 2012-03-10 09:31:16

On the Playback page you should see  something like:

Speakers

Line 6 XT Pro

Ready

Set that as your default device.  Here is what it woul look like for Toneport UX2.  Other than the name, it should be the same.

Capture.JPG

by shinedown123 on 2012-03-31 02:48:43

Still haven't got this to work guys.

The problem is that Windows doesn't seem to be recognising my POD XT Pro as a playback device. It recognises it fine under Recording but not Playback. See attached screenshots to see what I mean. I'm sure it's just something simple that I haven't plugged in or a box I haven't ticked somewhere no doubt.

The POD XT Pro works great once I plug a guitar into it. I just can't hear anything from my PC e.g. music, Youtube videos etc. I've my monitors plugged in to the outs of the POD using standard 1/4 cables.

All the help much appreciated!

playback.jpgrecord.jpg

by BigChas52 on 2012-03-31 05:57:04

Have you double checked your USB connection to the XT Pro, and made sure that the drivers are at the latest rev?  Maybe the USB cable is faulty?  Are you using a USB hub?

by shinedown123 on 2012-04-01 04:32:05

No USB hub is being used, just straight into the board. Connection is fine. Tested the cable on another device (USB portable hard drive) and that seems fine. I can always grab a new cable anyway and try that, see if it make a difference. I've just run the Monkey and installed the latest of everything but that was fine anyway.

The POD can't be faulty as playing guitar through it sounds great. It's just wierd. Curiouser and curiouser.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.