These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV 75 effects problem - Sounds weird.
by johnwalker1 on 2012-03-05 09:02:42

I bought a Spider IV 75 last Christmas, and it's worked perfectly since. But yesterday I noticed a weird problem with the nob that controls 'Gain' 'Auto' and 'Pitch'. They sound different and weird first off. The 'Gain' setting makes the volume sound ''drowned'' should I say, and sometimes makes some popping noises. The 'Auto' setting sounds like static and the 'wah' noise is barely noticeable. Lastly, the 'Pitch' setting sounds like a heavy amount of bass has been added and sounds like something you'd hear in a halloween/horror movie. I dunno what's caused this, whether it's a faulty jack lead, or a problem with the amp. But I'd rather have answers before I do anything, because I know next to nothing about amps.

Thanks.

Re: Spider IV 75 effects problem - Sounds weird.
by fflbrgst on 2012-03-05 13:02:15

Have you tried a factory reset?  Hold the A button in while turning on the power and hold it for 5-8 seconds.  Note this will reset all the user presets, so back these up using Spider Edit (assuming you have an FBV MkII pedal).

by johnwalker1 on 2012-03-05 14:12:59

That worked perfectly, thanks. <3

by fflbrgst on 2012-03-06 06:09:50

YAY!!  Rock on!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.