These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Is the X3 manual wrong? Podfarm, or Gearbox? (Bass Cabinet descriptions)
by onlinedood on 2009-05-15 16:30:35

Hi everyone!

I love my X3 live and am enjoying putting together some great bass tones, but I am a little confuzzed over at least a couple of cabinet sims on the X3 in reference to what they are actually meant to be.

Ok, case in point..

With reference to the online version of the manual:-

4x10 Adam and Eve = 4x10 BassMan Combo

4x10 Session = David Eden 4x10

then in the manual the 'Adam and Eve' Amp is actually a 1998 Eden Traveller WT-300 amp sim.

-------

ok, first up.. I dial up the PODFARM plugin and chose the 1998 Adam and Eve. I am greeted with a nice WT-300 pic and that easily recogniseable Eden 4x10 with the gold tweeter.

Said cabinet in PODFARM is called 4x10 Adam and Eve! Well that's strange, I was expecting to see a 4x10 Bassman combo cabinet, with that name!

Ok.. so next step.. With the X3 plugged in, I load GearBox and go straight to the Adam And Eve Amp head selection. There again is the head, great.. I am instantly greeted with the BX-4x10 Adam and Eve cabinet. Well that's really strange, because I would have expected the 'Adam and Eve' patch to load the WT-300 with the David Eden bass cabinet, which according to the manual is called '4x10 session', not a David Eden looking cabinet with the name of the Bassman combo selection.

Now, my experience of what Eden cabs sound like, suggests to me that the '4x10 Session' indeed is the David Eden cabinet.

Why all this confusion?

Well.. it doesnt end there!  If I load up the '4x10 Session' cabinet in PODFARM, am I greeted with another picture of an Eden cabinet as per what the manual says this cabinet is?  NO WAY!!! I get a picture of an SWR 4x10!!!!!  Ok, so I am looking for the Bassman combo picture now.. but I only see that under 'tweed' that is the bassman combo with 'new speakers'.

Ok, I now compare the sounds of the tweed and what the manual suggests is a 'normal' bassman combo.. Sorry, but they are soooo different I can not believe that is the same combo, new speakers or not!

So, can we have some clarification as to what name oes with what tone where? I really like the 'Adam and Eve' cabinet (as displayed on the X3 screen) but what is it? Is it ACTUALLY the bassman, the Eden, or the SWR???  I really am confused!!

I feel sure there are a few more anomolies going on.. but it's late and I am tired!

Please help!

Re: Is the X3 manual wrong? Podfarm, or Gearbox? (Bass Cabinet descriptions)
by Bluestone on 2009-05-15 16:53:36

Hi...

Given it all...as you say...I even got tired reading it!

I'd highly suggest, taking a step...back...and use what sounds good to you.....regardless of the name of the tone....

Enjoy!

OM

by silverhead on 2009-05-15 17:28:07

Good advice from Bluestone. What matters is the sound - not the name/image onscreen, right? Go with your ears/heart, not your eyes/head.

by onlinedood on 2009-05-16 04:02:33

Thanks guys, good advice so far. Yes, that is indeed something I should have put in my original post.. but for the sake of completeness I do want to know.

It'd be great to be able to choose a set of models and know that I could, if  i so pleased, go select said amplification 'in the real world' and have that tone I have been crafting in the virtual world.

by Kneehow on 2009-05-18 09:49:50

The manual is incorrect...

4x10 Adam and Eve cabinet = Eden D410XST

4x10 Session cabinet = SWR Goliath 410

by Rachmaninoff on 2009-05-18 09:51:41

I remember to have seen another model with a different name in the manual...

I just don't remember which is it.

by onlinedood on 2009-05-18 14:07:23

Ok! Cool!  I can live with that. Is it safe to assume then, that there is only *one* Bassman cabinet and that is the tweed one with 'new speakers' and none other?

p.s. this forum is awesome..  and so are line 6 products.. please don't feel that i don't appreciate the hard work that has gone in to a great piece of kit!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.