These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vetta

Bypassing Vetta Power Amp
by cjackson111 on 2012-03-08 10:11:10

Hello all. I have a Vetta I. I am preparing on doing some recording. I was wondering if it were possible to bypass the power amp on the Vetta. For instance, using the line out on the back then going into a low watt tube amp like the Fender Champion 500 (5wt) (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Champion-600-5W-1x6-Combo-Amp-104298815-i1173138.gc) and micing it. Would doing this have any advantage tone-wise?

Thanks!

Re: Bypassing Vetta Power Amp
by MerlinFL on 2012-03-08 10:13:55

No problem - go to the output page and find the options for the speakers.  You can turn them off and just run the head.

Before hooking it into any other amp - try going direct from the XLR outs and see how you like that sound.

Take care,

Neal

by cjackson111 on 2012-03-08 10:20:40

Yeah, I have tried direct and I do not like it too much. Do you think going through another tube amp will help warm up the tone?

If this setup works I was even thinking about using it live and micing the little tube amp.

by MerlinFL on 2012-03-08 10:27:48

I couldn't say for certain as I've liked how the Vetta sounds in my studio connected direct.  But the only thing to do is try and hear the results.

Best of luck,

Neal

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.