These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 dc leakage
by KingCrimus on 2012-03-09 11:46:22

My switches have been making popping noises through my amp. I first thought it was just the drawback of true bypass mode, but then realized my switches building pop charge in looper mode even with DSP. Very frequent with the play button when stopping loop, drives me nuts running my space echo after it! So, google lead me to checking for dc leakage. I found no dc on the cable from output unless truly bypassed. On the input cable I find dc,  it momentarily decreases when a switch is used. If I touch and hold any metal of the switches, metal on input jack, or the metal guard rail, the dc discharges and stays at 0.

Does my unit need repair? Do all units have dc leak on the input?

Re: M9 dc leakage
by phil_m on 2012-03-09 12:09:44

I've never heard of this happening before. Are you using the power supply that came with the M9? Are you using the M9 with other pedals? You mentioned the Space Echo, is that a vintage Space Echo or a new pedal version? If it's a vintage Space Echo, I think I'd be inclined to see if it were the culprit.

by KingCrimus on 2012-03-09 13:00:35

Yes, original power supply. Pops with or without other pedals. Space echo is the boss digital pedal, but the pops will repeat through any delay.

by KingCrimus on 2012-03-09 17:17:18

Do all M9 units pop when entering looper mode? Do they all pop when starting and stopping recorded loop? The pops are rendering this pedal useless for me.

by Kneehow on 2012-03-28 16:51:51

No. Entering Looper mode should not cause any sort of audible "pop" noise whatsoever. Please consider getting your unit diagnosed by an Authorized Service Center (ASC) tech. If you're still within the first year of new product purchase (based on the sales receipt date), present a copy of that receipt to the nearest ASC: http://line6.com/service_centers/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.