These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Controlling PC Effects
by rafaeldk on 2012-03-10 09:54:06

Hi everyone

I'm about to buy the Line 6 Toneport POD HD KB37 and I'll need a floorboard to use at Live gigs with the effects of POD on PC...

So the first question of all is:

1 - To control the effects that will be on my PC, the foot controller need to be connected to my pc or to my KB37?

Then I've been searching for pedals and I've found the FBV line and I've some question about it:

1 - the FBV Express MK II only support 4 differents FX's? if I'm live and needin more FX i've to map the controls again? can I put effect of non Line 6 products (loop, Gearbox, GTR, etc)?
2 - the FBV Shortboard MK II support a lot more, but it's more expensive too and I can't afford it (because the KB37). So, there's another options with more bank space for effects of POD Farm?
3 - What about the Flextone II? Is it work with POD Farm and KB37? It's a old floorboard and I only find used, but it's cheap and with 9 bank space with 4 channels each.

I'm seeing around a lot of people talking about the incopability of some line 6 produts (only works with another Line6), so I'm trying tom be sure that everything will be working fine.

that's the first doubts about the floorboard, but I've another questions:

1 - I wanna play live with a PC + KB37 + Floorboard... so let me see if I've got it:

I connect the PC to the KB37 and the Keyboard to the Compatible Floorboard. I connect the Guitar to the KB p10 IN and the KB sends the sound to the floorboard, who take my preset saved on computer, process the effect and send back to the KB, who is connected with the AMP.
is that how it works? I'll only need this?

that's it, by now!

Re: Controlling PC Effects
by Kneehow on 2012-03-12 14:55:30

1. There's no such thing as a Toneport POD HD KB37. The currently manufactured new KB37's are simply POD Studio KB37. Hopefully this is the name of the model you're shopping for.

2. The FBV Express MKII and Shortboard MKII are the only two controllers that have the USB port connection to provide MIDI-over-USB control of software parameters in POD Farm 2.xx. You can MIDI Learn in most other professional recording software applications, like Ableton Live, Propellerhead Reason 6, Cubase, SONAR, etc.

3. No. The Floorboard has nothing to do with a POD Studio KB37 or MIDI control to PC/Mac software applications. It's the older 2 expression pedal controller for our earliest hardware units, the Flextone II being one of them.

So, the answer to your question:

A brand new POD Studio KB37 in box from a dealer will have the authorization to open up POD Farm 2.51 (PC or Mac). Then, an FBV Express or Shortboard MKII will provide you the remote ability to MIDI Learn bypass control messages in POD Farm 2.51 and most major DAW recording/sequencing software programs.

The Floorboard has nothing to do with the PC/Mac MIDI control equation. It will function as your Flextone II's remote control switch only.

Re: Controlling PC Effects
by rafaeldk on 2012-03-12 18:10:19

Thanks a lot Perry!

Just one more doubt about de KB37 (yes, is what I want but I was confused about the right name)... I read about in old posts about LATENCY that can be VERY bad to live performances. But that was back in 2009... That still happens on POD Farm 2.5~2.51??

That's my last question to I order my equips
Thanks, again!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.