These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: GearBox

GearBox / GuitarPort - no sound - Windows 7 x64 - recently stopped working
by jpan on 2012-03-12 16:42:57

I haven't used GearBox in maybe a month or two... since then, there have been some Windows Updates, but I can't identify when exactly it stopped working. GearBox can read my signal... I can tune my guitar. Everything on the device and in the software appears to be working. Mute is not engaged in the software... I just can't hear anything. I hope this isn't a stupid overlook on my part. Any help would be AWESOME!

I just updated all my Line6 software, so I'm completely up to date... as I am with Windows Update.

In my speakers settings, my default speakers are my internal ones. The audio out of my computer goes into the GuitarPort. The GuitarPort goes into my computer speaker system. I can hear iTunes just fine... the GuitarPort volume control works perfectly. When I switch my speakers to the GuitarPort, I get no volume at all.

Thanks!

Re: GearBox / GuitarPort - no sound - Windows 7 x64 - recently stopped working
by jpan on 2012-03-12 17:47:55

After more digging, I found out that I should be using the GuitarPort speakers. It wasn't working because those speakers somehow got muted (I probably did that by accident somehow). It's wasn't obvious because the place where you set the speakers you are using is different from where the mute checkbox is.

Solved.

by Line6Don on 2012-03-14 11:27:30

Thanks for letting us know your solution that worked for you, it is very helpful for other users who might encounter a similar problem.

by sangnig42 on 2012-06-08 10:00:42

jpan, can you tell me where can I turn on my guitarport speakers! I tried couple of hours to find it, but I couldn't!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.