These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: ToneCore Development Kit

Taking a current Line 6 effect, and putting it on a single Dev Kit Pedal. Possible?
by Homeyegg001 on 2012-03-13 06:16:18

Hi,

I'm looking at getting a line 6 dev kit pedal for a certain effect. I have a line 6 pod x3 and it has the "tape eater" effect on it. I really like and use this effect in a few songs my band plays. But, i don't use my line 6 for live, i only use it for pre production. I have a big single stomp pedal colllection that i use through an AC30 for my live/real recording sound. My problem is that i can't get that single effect through any other single stomp, or m5/9 box. What i was wondering is, is there a way to get the code for that effect, and load it onto a Dev Kit pedal? If this is possible, it would seriously make my life so much easier as i don't want to have to hook up my whole line 6 board for just 1 effect.

If it's not possible, is anyone aware of any other pedals or ways i can emulate this sound?

Cheers,
Kieran

Re: Taking a current Line 6 effect, and putting it on a single Dev Kit Pedal. Possible?
by audioartillery on 2012-03-14 21:15:49

Short answer is no, it's not possible.

Long answer is sure, Line6 could probably implement a lot of their effects on this hardware.  But you can't just copy an effect and drop it on the dev kit pedal.  The purpose of the dev kit is to write your own effect.  Perhaps you could implement a similar effect on your own but I don't think that's your skill set.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.