These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Can looper time be extended on fbv mkII SHORTboard
by mennace on 2012-03-14 21:32:18

I have fbv mkII short with valve 112, the looper is only 14seconds. How can I reprogram it for 30 seconds ?. It's just a :()$&@ computer chip, right? 14 seconds is way too short

Re: Can looper time be extended on fbv mkII SHORTboard
by fflbrgst on 2012-03-15 06:30:06

The looper is not in the shortboard, that just controls it.  The looper is in the amp, and I doubt the 'chip' the function is in only controls the length, its part of the whole internal firmware.

by mennace on 2012-03-15 07:36:28

is there any way to change the firmware? i browsed the midi booklet over ( i think its written in a foreign language disguised as english  to launch codes to a secret missle launch , i dont really know) it just seems there are so many ways to program this it would be  easy for line 6 to extend the time.  a 12 chord blues riff is 30 seconds.   hope line 6 coders read this. it seems lie an easy fix.

by fflbrgst on 2012-03-15 10:49:31

The Spider Control software is for MIDI control of software or a computer-driven device (like a POD HD), not for controlling a Spider amp.   A longer loop function would be nice, but I think this was an extra feature thrown into the IV as a *bonus* rather than a selling point.  Maybe the Spider V will have a longer looper.

Nothing is going to happen to change this on the Spider IV, so you'll need to buy a looper if you want a longer loop.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.