These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

My POD HD Pro won't start
by JesterJay on 2012-03-16 05:44:49

Hey there everyone. I'm writing because I recently bought a POD HD Pro and it arrived about 2 weeks ago. I tried it and it worked perfect. I used it again with no problems. But now I want to use it for the third time and when I turn it on the screen stays with the Line6 logo on it,it never goes further than that, The computer doesn't read or anything. And even if it wasn't connected to the computer it never goes further than that. I can't work the presets or anything. What could this be??

I really wish I didn't have to return it because I'm in the middle of recording an EP but if I have to then I have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: My POD HD Pro won't start
by silverhead on 2012-03-16 06:19:44

There might be a way to get it started successfully. Hold down the right nav key while powering the HD Pro on. This will put it in test/safe mode. Use the Down nav key to select the word FLASH on the display. Then run Line 6 Monkey and see if it recognizes hte device. If so, try reinstalling the firmware.

If that is not successful then I would return the device. It should be repaired/replaced, and if you are within the return period I would demand a replacement.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-03-16 06:39:06

+1 Silverhead.  I think there is a deeper 'safe mode' also if the Right Nav key does not work.  Try powering up with the Down Nav key.  Try Silverhead's method first though,

by JesterJay on 2012-03-16 07:11:18

Thanks guys! It didn't work unfortunately. But I did request a replacement so all is good so far.

Again,thank you!

by Line6david on 2012-03-22 11:41:21

Hi,

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

David

by K4KBURK3N on 2012-05-20 14:52:08

I have the exact same problem!

by AngelKrotnev on 2012-08-05 11:17:07

Is there any fix to this problem? I have had this unit for 2 weeks and am recording an EP (mindfuck?).

It just won't start, tried both silverhead and jimsreynolds advice.

by silverhead on 2012-08-05 15:37:07

Try starting it up while holding down the left nav key.

by piratenick on 2012-08-06 15:21:18

i just had this problem ten mins ago with a HD desktop. holding the down button whilst powering up came up with some 'flash update' screen, and it was detected by the monkey but nothing changed. holding right key did absolutely nothing, then holding left key it started as it had when i got it this morning! think it was some issue with not all the drivers etc being up to date. hope this helps anyone

^^ false hope see my own reply

by piratenick on 2012-08-06 15:58:07

ok, so it appeared to work.... this time starting up with the right button worked and i re-installed the 'firmware' with the monkey, and now it will turn on and reach the normal view but it won't give any output and turns off and back on again after a bit less than a minute and repeats the cycle

by Syn70 on 2012-08-12 10:20:28

Thx a lot my friend i had the same problem and now everything works just fine

by JesterJay on 2012-09-18 14:11:16

So, is there another way to fix this probem?? I now have the new one and it did it again! I'm trying all the advices here and nothing works. Not cool to be replacing this thing over and over.

by toneman2121 on 2012-09-18 14:51:24

i would start from scratch if you haven't already done so. remove all line6 stuff and start over. try a different computer/cable. if it happened to two new pods, it has to be something with your set-up

by cgtrox on 2012-09-18 17:30:24

Man, that sucks bro! I too just recieved mine about a week ago and it was fine for the first few times. I plugged it into the computer and tried to check the version on Monkey and it said it didn't recognize the HD Pro. So, I hooked up my POD HD bean and it saw that, but still no Pro. So, I tried the "power up holding the button" (all 4 ways) system a few times and I got it to go into the FLASH UPDATE... screen and then got stuck! Nothing worked! So, I went to the Monkey and rolled it back to the 2.02 version (which is the latest btw) and it worked! I hope this works for you, even try rolling back further if you can, good luck man...

cgtrox

by MerlinFL on 2012-09-18 20:09:56

Just curious - if you rolled back to the latest version of the software as you stated being 2.02, what version were you running that caused your similar problems that the original poster wrote about having?

No new POD HD500 or PRO software has been released yet and we're all still waiting, so I'm curious what you were running that you rolled back to 2.02?

Thanks.

by cgtrox on 2012-09-18 22:52:39

It was actually 2.02! That's what I meant by "the latest version", so actually rolling back (the only option) brought me back (to the future) which was/is 2.02! Now I know what Michael J. Fox must've felt like...

cgtrox

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.