These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV MKII Express doesn't work...
by chuck1787 on 2012-03-19 19:18:19

I bought a brand new MKII Express on amazon, factory sealed, and plugged it into my Spider III 75 and it doesn't seem to be working. I tried calibrating it, and i got the 1, 2, 3, and 4 on the LED screen when i went through each of the steps, then pressed D to accept.  Then when i turn the amp off and back on, none of the buttons work, the vol/wah pedal doesn't work and none of the LED lights are on except for the blinking tempo light, that's it.  I am getting very frustrated and have been searching for hours for answers. 

I even tried upgrading to the latest softward, and did so successfully, and the MKII Express still doesn't work with my amp.  Someone help me out please.  What else do I need to do to get this thing to work? I spend a lot of money on this item and not getting any benefit from it whatsoever other than losing hours of my life researching this online. HELP!

Re: FBV MKII Express doesn't work...
by fflbrgst on 2012-03-20 06:03:12

The usual cause for this is a bad CAT5 connection - either the cable or the plugs/jacks.  If you have access to another cable, you could try that (make sure it is not a 'cross' style CAT5 cable!  Sometimes the little pins in the jack get bent.

Re: FBV MKII Express doesn't work...
by chuck1787 on 2012-03-20 16:43:38

Great -fixed the problem right away thanks so much.

Although its weird, was using the CAT 5 that came in the box, figured that would work right?

Thanks again for your help - much appreciated.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.