These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

So where's the bass love?
by hip63 on 2012-03-20 08:32:42

So no similar products dedicated to bass guitar?

What gives? (not interested inthe line 6 bass amps, looking for a pre-amp type unit like my Bass Pod XT Pro rack mount)

hip63

Re: So where's the bass love?
by jimsreynolds on 2012-03-20 10:02:38

The HD series is expecting a Bass Amp model (Ampeg) with the release of firmware 2.0 ... probably this month.    Other than that, there is the Fender Bassman model ... which was originally a bass amp as someone here pointed out recently

Details

• “Flip Top” HD Bass Amp Model. Introducing the world’s very first HD bass amp model based on* the immortal Ampeg® B-15NF Portaflex®, one of the most popular studio bass amps of all time. The modeled cab features the original 15-inch speaker perfect for laying down some serious thump.

• Eight New Mic Choices for the HD Bass Amp Model. Get your ideal bass tone from the new “Flip Top” HD bass model with eight mic choices based on*
    • Shure® SM57
    • Sennheiser® 421
    • AKG® D12
    • AKG® D112
    • EV® RE20
    • Shure® SM7B
    • Heil® PR40
    • Neumann® U47

by pottsi39 on 2012-03-21 00:29:15

I have to say i am fully with you on this yes they are bringing out an extra amp model for abss but there is no product with equivalent amount of bass resources as the pod hd and that is what i am after. A dedicated bass pod hd pro with effects tailored for abssists and extra functionality for bassissts lke bi amping etc. that is what i would buy

by mazuwa on 2012-03-21 03:30:39

Line6 just recently has started developing HD models. They started with guitar models first.

Theoretically it is not necessary to bring out a dedicated bass device if it is possible to bring all new developed models under one roof, just like the pod x3.

As we can follow, Line6 will bring out new models as soon as they are available.

We should give them time because we all seek for high quality models.

If you cannot wait you better buy a pod x3 first until there are sufficiant bass models for you.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.