These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Spider IV 15watt, scratching white noise.
by moviescolin90 on 2012-03-22 14:25:42

I've had my Spider IV for all of three months. I love it, I love the sounds it gives me.

What I don't love is that today, I wanted to play guitar, and plugged the guitar straight into the amp to play, and I have this irritating white scratchy noise that happens every 5 seconds. It sounds like a pulse. It starts every 5 seconds, lasts for about a second and a half, then stops. It is as loud as my guitar when I'm playing, even with overdrive/distortion.

I've tried factory resetting it, using different outlets, (ones that I know have worked before) and using different guitar cables.

The funny thing is, it only makes the sound when something is plugged into the GUITAR IN or CD IN. If nothing is plugged into it (sonically), then it doesn't make the noise.

Please, please help.

If I need to, I can post an MP3 of it.

Re: Spider IV 15watt, scratching white noise.
by fflbrgst on 2012-03-23 05:08:12

Does this sound pattern correspond with the flashing time of the tap tempo light?  It might be an FX running in the background.

by Kneehow on 2012-03-27 11:10:12

Does gently jiggling the input jack connection from the instrument cable have any bearing on this noise at all? There's a chance we may need to get you over to our Service Team, but double-check that for me first. Sounds like you've gone through all the troublehsooting that any of us would've offered already...

by rohanramaswamy on 2012-09-01 22:16:03

I had a similar problem, i fixed it by 'parking' all the knobs....

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.