These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

What if the Internet disconnects or USB connection to HD400 fails while updating Flash Memory/Device Firmware?
by indigobjn on 2012-03-22 21:52:15

Hi,

I haven't faced this problem but just wanted to know what happens if the Internet disconnects or USB connection to HD400 fails while updating Flash Memory/Device Firmware/anything. The internet connection I'm using disconnects quite often. So, Can anyone tell me something about this issue??

Thank You,

Bijen

Re: What if the Internet disconnects or USB connection to HD400 fails while updating Flash Memory/Device Firmware?
by laplayantonio on 2012-03-23 02:53:31

of course, as with any other gear, such can cause the unit's complete breakdown and you'll need contacting the Line6 Service Center to repair it

line6antonio

Re: What if the Internet disconnects or USB connection to HD400 fails while updating Flash Memory/Device Firmware?
by garym30 on 2012-03-23 03:24:43

Hi Bijen.

There's not alot you can do about PC/USB failure, but you can download the firmware file and install using Monkey, offline. Minimising the risk to your Pod.

by laplayantonio on 2012-03-23 03:34:10

gary is right: you may download the Flash Memory manually from http://line6.com/software/and use the 'Update from file' button in Monkey

by indigobjn on 2012-03-23 05:43:53

Hi Antonio,

Yes as Gary said there's nothing we can do if PC/USB connection fails. But failure of PC/USB connection is rare. The main concern for me was the internet failure. I wasn't aware that we could update firmware or Flash Memory offline. Thank You Both

-Bijen.

by indigobjn on 2012-03-23 05:47:12

HI Gary,

Thanks.

Bijen.

by indigobjn on 2012-03-23 06:01:22

Hi Antonio,

There are two things we need to update under Device Firmware from Line6 Monkey : USB Firmware and Flash Memory. I found that we could only download Flash Memory and install it offline using Line6 Monkey but we can't download USB Firmware and install it offline. We could only install/update USB Firmware via internet using Monkey. Is it so?

Bijen.

by laplayantonio on 2012-03-23 06:12:01

no problem there: it is also included in the Flash Memory file: if you select USB FIRMWARE, you'll see the 'update from file' button also appearing

by indigobjn on 2012-03-23 07:21:35

Thanks

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.