These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod HD Pro FX
by nigelc on 2012-03-23 06:58:58

I hate reading manuals so maybe this is already there?

Is there a way to save FX settings to reuse in other patches? For example I set a reverb or chorus in a patch just how I like it and want to reuse this same setting in another patch.

If not anyone know a way to achieve this other than writing down the settings and is it a possible future feature.

Re: Pod HD Pro FX
by Nick_Mattocks on 2012-03-23 07:30:25

Just use the original patch you like as a template and copy it to a new location before renaming it and making changes to the amp model etc.  You can do this easily in Edit, and you can also save your template to computer like any other patch and you can easily recall it in Edit whenever you need it.

Nick

by nigelc on 2012-03-23 07:35:09

Thanks I know I could do that. But what if say I have another preset I would like to use the same FX settings on. Say I have a great amp patch but I hate the chorus setting or reverb setting and want to reuse my own preferences, is this possible?

by phil_m on 2012-03-23 07:44:17

There's no way to do that at this time. It would ne nice if there was. On the XT, there was a feature that let you save effects setups that you could bring up quickly for any preset. They don't have anything comparable in the HD series.

by nigelc on 2012-03-23 07:53:10

Okay what I feared as been studying manuals and found nothing on this.

Does anyone know if there is a way to record via USB without FX but hear them via the analogue output?

by meambobbo on 2012-03-23 08:14:30

doing the opposite is fairly easy.  you just put the FX loop before your effects, and set the mix to 0%.  Then you have the "dry" signal coming out the FX loop send output, and the "wet" output will go over USB.

Doing the opposite is a bit more tricky.  Here's my suggestion.  Put your effects on in one of the paths after the path split and put an FX loop after them, right before the mixer.  Use the FX loop send to get that analog output.  In the mixer, mute that channel.  Pan the other channel to center.

by nigelc on 2012-03-23 08:22:02

What I wanted is to record with just amp and cab simulation but monitor with reverb or delay not a totally dry signal. My audio interface has a hardware reverb built in (TC Impact Twin) which you can use for monitoring only.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.