These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Recording Vocal
by Loekito on 2012-03-25 09:11:06

Can I record vocal using a mic connected to my POD HD500 to my iPad using Mobile In ?

The routing is: Mic --> POD HD500 XLR in --> POD HD 500 Phones Out --> Mobile In --> iPad

Thanks,

Loekito

Re: Recording Vocal
by silverhead on 2012-03-25 09:20:54

That should work fine. You will need to use a Core Audio compatible recording program on the iPad (e.g., Garageband).

by Loekito on 2012-03-25 19:25:10

Hi, thanks for the reply.

So I just need to provide a stereo cable with 1/4in jack, and 1/8in jack on the other side.

How about the level (db) between Phones Out on POD HD500 and Line Input on Mobile In ?

Regards,

Loekito

by silverhead on 2012-03-25 20:11:54

The PHONES output level on the Pod HD500 is controlled by the Master Volume level. Start with a relatively low setting but try to increase it as much as you can without overloading the input of your recording program. The Mobile In hardware can certainly handle the input level, and the higher the Master Volume level from the HD500 the better is its signal-to-noise ratio. However, turning it up too high will probably clip the input of your recording program.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.