These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500 - Fx Loop without Amp
by Dshow on 2012-03-25 09:44:11

Hello,

I have a question to the Fx Loop of the HD500. I mainly use the unit at home with headphones and was wondering if there is a way to use the fx loop without an Amp.  If I make a sound in HD Edit and use the Fx Loop and place some effects "behind" theres no sound at all comming out of the headphones.

There is an advice on the net to use a patch cable and connect the FX send with the Fx Return L/Mono of the HD500. I tried this out and it seems to work. But I was wondering if that can be done also virtually by the software?

I'm just learning using effects with effect loop and don't even know if that scenario does make sensen :-) so I appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Re: HD500 - Fx Loop without Amp
by jimsreynolds on 2012-03-25 12:58:17

A couple of things to check:

1)  First off check with a patch cable between the FX Loop Send and FX Loop Return (Left).   Now play and try switching the loop on and off.  You should normally get signal in both cases.

2)  Check the Loop Send, Return and Mix Levels.  Send and Retun Levels should be initially set to 0dB and the Mix at 100% (i.e.FX Only).  You can play with the levels later once things are working.

3)  Put the pedals back in and be very careful to ensure that you are connecting up the Sends/Outputs to the Returns/Inputs.  Wrong lead in the wrong place often = no sound.

Re: HD500 - Fx Loop without Amp
by Dshow on 2012-04-03 04:35:09

Hi,

thanks for your answer!

As described I don't use an amp - just headphones. Just was wondering if there can be any damage of the unit if I connect the FX send of the HD500 directly to the FX return L/Mono of the HD500 with a patch cable.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.