These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

pod studio ux2 noise problem with pro tools
by toolz_roolz on 2012-03-25 23:46:56

Hi, I've been having this problem for awhile, whenever I put default bit depth = 24 bits in ASIO Settings for UX2, playback in pro tools gives loud bursts of noise and popping. the only way the popping would stop is if i set the default bit depth back to 16 and restart pro tools. Why am I getting such nasty noise bursts only in 24 bit depth?

Using PT10
UX2 - latest driver
Win7 - 64bit

EDIT: Seems to happen when i go to playback device properties and change the default format to 44.1khz and 24 bit as well. I Changed to 44.1khz and 16 bit and the noise bursts stopped.

Re: pod studio ux2 noise problem with pro tools
by toolz_roolz on 2012-04-05 23:04:19

can pod studio ux2 not run on 24bit depth with win7 64x?

by hulbert on 2012-04-06 01:16:04

Hi,

I can't speak for Windows 7 but I just wondered if you had tried different default buffer sizes in asio settings (Line 6 Audio-Midi devices) when you change to 24 bit? Just wondered if that might put less strain on the cpu and maybe stop the bursts/popping.

Is anything changed when increasing the direct tone direct/usb audio streaming buffer slider too? I'm not sure this affects the daw latency etc but just thought.

I think you were saying you went into windows sounds too and tried the settings in there too. Thats right isn't it?

David

by Line6Don on 2012-04-12 18:02:44

Make sure to match the settings used within the Pro Tools session to avoid any digitial artifacts in the audio. If the settings used in the Line 6 ASIO driver differes from the settings used in the Pro Tools session, it can cause strange things to happen with the audio.

by toolz_roolz on 2012-04-30 06:37:58

Hi, I solved the issue by using a pci usb port. I have always kept the session bitrate & depth consistent with ASIO settings.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.