These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Line 6 POD XT Live
by gg3390 on 2012-03-27 03:12:01

Hi all,

Im new to the Line 6, and have a requirement to connect the XT into an FX send/receive loop. However, there are no connectors for same on the XT.

My question is can it be done, and if so what is the best way to connect it?

Regards

Ger

Re: Line 6 POD XT Live
by cbroadbridge on 2012-06-29 06:12:17

Hi Ger,

I'm no expert here but if you're using it as an effects processor in the effect loop of an amp, I'm pretty sure you feed the send into the input, then the output back into the return on the amp. I would make sure that you're using the presets which don't have the amp sim activated though, for the best sound.

Hope this helps!

Craig

Re: Line 6 POD XT Live
by bluebluetones on 2012-07-08 06:33:21

Hi gg3390,

cbroadbridge is correct, but I would like to add something to his answer.

If you want to use the XTL to add effects only to your amplifier, you would connect it as cbroadbridge wrote.  From the Send of your amp to the Input on the XTL.  And, from the L/Mono Output of your XTL to the Return on your amp.

If there is a level control on your Effects Loop please match it to the output of your XTL Amp/Line switch.  Or experiment - if the XTL effects sound distorted you should leave the switch on "Amp".

However, if you want to use the XTL as a full amp and effect simulator (meaning you want to use the amp models on the XTL), you should run just the L/Mono output of your XTL into the Return on your amplifier.  Ignore the Send jack and all your amplifier controls (except the volume!) and enjoy the wonderful sounds of the XTL.

I hope this is clear and/or helpful.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.