These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Any help please? Line6 ticket??
by RadoValente on 2012-03-29 11:50:56

Hi, I've been waiting for weeks but no answer from Line6 support "team". My problem is:

I work in an offline PC and have purchased Pod Farm 2 a long time ago. The thing is that presets are not loaded if my KB37 is not connected. I use another audio interface and I only want to use my Pod Farm plugin. If my KB37 is connected, everything works fine (even though I might not be using this hardware), but when I disconnect it the license manager doesn't show any authorized computers or devices (a computer that's already registered), and my Pod Farm instances in cubase get bypassed. Everytime I open a project I have to reload a Pod Farm plugin and copy my previous parameters to the new instance. It's a great loss of time and poor performance now that parameters are not always working the same way.

I REALLY need help to solve it, now that I sold my KB37 and I'm not able to make my purchased Pod Farm 2 work as it should.

Best,

Raul

Re: Any help please? Line6 ticket??
by acehole777 on 2012-03-29 19:51:52

Unfortunately there is no "fix" for this.  POD Farm licenses are tied to either a device (your KB37) or a USB dongle.  You can't use POD Farm without one plugged into your computer.

by RadoValente on 2012-03-31 11:57:37

Thanks for replying. Ok now, but isn't any USB dongle (some sort of a pendrive) to purchase (I hope there will be one, pretty cheap) so I can use this? I know the Pod Farm Plugin is offered with a mini usb audio interface, but that's not what I need. I need something smaller and cheaper.

by BigChas52 on 2012-03-31 13:21:31

Authorizing offline computers can be difficult.  Try these instructions, which I found recently and were written by a Line 6 moderator . . .

First off, you would need access to a computer that is connected to the internet so that you could download the most recent version POD Farm 2.51. You can download them from the links below:

Windows POD Farm 2.51:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4147

MacPOD Farm 2.51:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4149

Onceyou have downloaded this file, you will need to install it onto your computer and then authorize it. We have a video tutorial that will show you how to download and install POD Farm, and then use the License Manager rto authorize your computer:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2499

Onceyou have installed it onto your online computer, you will need a way to bring the POD Farm software and authorizations to your offline computer, by burning the file to a CD/DVD or using a external hard drive/flash drive. After obtaining your transferrable medium, you will need to put the POD Farm 2.51 file that you downloaded on the medium as well as the authorization files. For instructions on how to locate and transfer the authorization files, check out the video tutorial we have for this process located towards the bottom of the following document:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4738

Onceyou get the file onto the transferrable medium, bring it to the offline computer and install it. Once POD Farm is installed, you can place the authorization files in the same place that they were located in on your online computer to authorize POD Farm 2 on your offline computer

by RadoValente on 2012-03-31 14:38:42

Thank you BigChas52. I did it this way many times but still don't seem to have it working when I unplug the USB device. The Pod Farm Plugins does load everything OK with the USB device disconnected, but sounds as if it is bypassed. I got all the sounds, all the model packs I purchased, I can load everything but when I move parameters, nothing changes. I have the same problem in another offline PC (I have two offline PC's and a third one with internet acces).

by BigChas52 on 2012-03-31 14:47:05

There's always the brute force method . . . Can you put a network adapter in the offline PC just long enough to authorize it?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.