These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Toneport UX8 & Wifi
by shayneunderwood on 2012-03-29 12:41:16

I have a UX8 that I use as our main recording interface but also use it in a live environment with a rackmount server. I use the rackmount server for all the extra processing power that you don't find on a laptop but don't want to lug around a monitor, keyboard and mouse so I control it with a laptop through VNC. The problem that I face is that I have to use a CAT5 ethernet cable to link the server and laptop so I am limited as to where the laptop can be. I thought that it would be an easy fix by using wifi but trying a wireless card in the server and or a wireless usb dongle I get the same results where the UX8 glitches. I'm aware and have been for quite some time that this is a documented issue but here is my main question. Is there ever going to be a driver, firmware or software fix to resolve this issue?

Re: Toneport UX8 & Wifi
by shayneunderwood on 2012-04-04 17:19:21

Anyone? It seems to take forever to get a question answered!

Re: Toneport UX8 & Wifi
by Line6Tony on 2012-05-15 15:56:03

Unfortunately, we cannot comment on future development plans. You may want to leave product feedback at

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.