These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

pod x3 live usb problem
by polifender on 2012-03-30 01:35:29

Goodmorning,

when I  connect  pod x3 live to my computer I get usb not recognized error. I also tried to connect it to other computers and I get the same error.

thanks

Re: pod x3 live usb problem
by johnpicton on 2012-03-30 09:11:02

A couple of things to make sure of. Make sure you are using a good quality USB lead (they are not all created equal!). Also make sure that you are NOT using a USB hub. Try the USB ports at the back og the computer (not applicable if you are using a laptop), Line 6 gear doesn't like going through a hub. Often the USB ports at the front of a computer are connected to an internal hub - so you might be going through a hub without realising it.

Also you say that the computer doesn't recognize the device. I am assuming that you have downloaded the drivers from this site. If not then the first thing you need to do is go to the downloads section at the top of this page and download Line 6 monkey. Follow the instructions to install the relevant drivers.

Good Luck

Regards

John

by polifender on 2012-04-02 03:01:06

Hi,

I tried the reinstallation of the driver with and without Line 6 Monkey.

When the setup comes to the part that says to plug in USB cable I do it and  I get USB device not recognized

I use it since 3 years and it worked perfectly I'm using the original cable and tried with other cables I just tried to turn on and off a few times and tried to connect it to other computers and to others usb ports and always I got the same problem

by johnpicton on 2012-04-02 09:19:26

I am sorry. I shouldn't make assumptions. I saw that it was your first post and automatically assumed that you were a new user. I now see from when you registered that you have had your X3 for some time.

It sounds to me like you are an experienced user, it would suggest that you perhaps have a hardware problem (you say that you have tried on other computers). Unless someone else can provide you with another suggestion I suggest that you contact an approved line 6 service center or contact Line 6 direct.

Best of luck sorting this out.

Regards

John

by laplayantonio on 2012-04-11 02:54:41

hello

this looks like the 'USB audio drop' bug in X3Ls; this is covered by lifetime warranty, please contact your Line6 dealer or local Service Center: http://line6.com/service_centers/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.