These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Connecting the Spider IV 75 amp to the computer
by Warrant_Officer on 2012-04-01 07:12:05

Hey guys, I've tried searching for the solution on the web but I can't figure out what the problem is.

As soon as I turn on my Spider IV 75 amp my FBV Express mkII goes out of USB mode (disconnects from the computer and windows can't find it despite beeing plugged in) whitch prevents Line6 monkey to find my amp or FBV. With the amp turned off I can update and work with the FBV Express on the computer but as I said, once the amp is turned on it disconnects from the computer and gets ready to rock instead which prevents me from updating or editing the amp.

What am I doing wrong?

Re: Connecting the Spider IV 75 amp to the computer
by fflbrgst on 2012-04-02 05:05:34

With the FBV connected to your computer (and recognized by Monkey), with it unplugged from the amp (disconnect the CAT5 cable), turn on the amp.  Then plug in the CAT5 cable and see what happens.

Or try:  turn on amp with FBV connected to it.  Plug into the computer via USB.  Then turn on the Monkey software.

Re: Connecting the Spider IV 75 amp to the computer
by Line6Tony on 2012-04-27 10:51:41

Turn on amp with FBV connected to it.  Plug into the computer via USB.  Then turn on the Monkey software.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.