These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Top five footswitches on the POD HD500 not working.
by Amplifyed on 2012-04-02 19:21:46

So I got home today and started jamming on my guitar, but for some strange reason, the top level of my foot switches aren't working. I play guitar every day and this has never happened before- It was working fine just yesterday.
I can still change foot petals when I go into the petal digitally, but it seems all the top switches on my petal have just stopped working. It's very strange. Any advice?

-Sam

Re: Top five footswitches on the POD HD500 not working.
by mazuwa on 2012-04-03 01:27:26

If you say the top level is not working, you mean footswitch fs1 - fs4. These should always work because their mode cannot be changed between 'presets selection' and 'effect block switching'.

You can test the footswitches to see if they generally work:

1. Power your HD500 on while holding down the right navigation key. The test window will appear.

2. Now navigate down to the entry "BUTTONS" and confirm with the "ENTER" key.

3. Hit ALL footswitches and watch the screen, even the UP/DOWN, LOOPER, TAP - buttons. Each time you hit another footswitch the value will change from "0" to "1".

If all footswitches show "1" in the end, the hardware of your footswitches did not stop working. If they still show "0" your device has got a problem.

4. You can now power off and on again.

If it still won't work, although all footswitches showed "1" before, you can reinstall the firmware and do a global reset before you saved your presets over the editor to get sure your software is o.k.

by Amplifyed on 2012-04-03 13:55:07

Looks as though the buttons themselves are broken. Shucks. Well, thanks so much for your input!

by TonyLorinz on 2013-02-03 07:29:33

I am having the same issue. How did you resolved man?

by BlueViolince on 2013-02-03 07:40:28

Are all those switches on the same pcb?  Maybe the connector cable for those switches came loose.  That's the only other thing I could figure, and it would be an easy fix.

by TonyLorinz on 2013-02-03 18:20:08

Hello there Blue Violince, I opened today my pod hd 500 and I didn't see anything loose insed. All the switches and boards were ok and tight. I am planning to change the board od the top 6 switches, but I don't know yet how much $$$$ I will spent. BTW, don't use any Line 6 products in Brazil.

Can you show me in thi picture orRamsay01.jpg something were the connector cable is? I saw the white cable and it was very tight.

by BlueViolince on 2013-02-03 20:55:24

Hmmm, looks like maybe the only other thing to check for is a burned out component, but it looks like you might need a support ticket, or maybe save presets and reflash the firmware. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.