These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Assigning Tones to FBV MkII Shortboard
by Blackbourn on 2012-04-03 17:16:05

I have a Spider Jam amp and the FBV MkII Shortboard. How do I assign tones from the amp to the A, B, C or D button on the Shortboard? For example, if I press button A on the Shortboard I get a tone called SLIPKNOT. I don't want to use that tone, so I want to change it to the one called TRAVELIN' BAND. How do I do that?

Re: Assigning Tones to FBV MkII Shortboard
by mennace on 2012-04-03 19:04:48

Each bank has 4 tones -a ,b ,c d, and you have 32 banks, assign you're favorite to the first 2 so you have four to choose from as it is hard to remember all 32 x 4 128 tones.

by Blackbourn on 2012-04-04 01:34:06

Exactly. Now how do I do that?

by fflbrgst on 2012-04-04 05:37:33

I suggest you read the pilot guide for your amp - the section on saving guitar presets.  You can download it here: http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f059335c2909/application/pdf/Spider%20Jam%20Pilot

by Blackbourn on 2012-04-05 02:38:41

Thanks for your suggestion, but I have already read the manual and am struggling to understand it. I'm working on it again but still can't do what I am trying to do. I'll put together a more detailed explanation of the problem later today.

by mennace on 2012-04-05 06:33:04

hook your usb cable to your shortbard and connect it to your amp, i have the spider valve, should work similiar, on your computer software that came with your spider, there are tone banks, you can see them better on your computer, youll see how they are arranges and what effects are setup in each bank. drag your mouse and you  can re assign your banks.

by fflbrgst on 2012-04-05 10:34:41

Just to clarify what mennace has said - he is talking about using Spider Edit to change your amp presets.  You will need to download that program first from Line6.com.  You connect the FBV to the amp in the normal manner, than hook up the FBV to your computer via USB, open Spider Edit, then move/edit presets accordingly.

by Blackbourn on 2012-04-06 07:11:32

Thanks mennace and fflbrgst. I have finally solved the problem and it's working fine now. Thanks very much for your help!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.