These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider Valve

Recording Spider Valve Mk II with Studio GX through XLR?
by TheDarkness90 on 2012-04-04 07:17:09

Hi everyone,

so as the title says, i am trying to do a little home recording, and for that, i first tried to record my SV II through an XLR-to-Jack-cable on my soundcard (Creative X-Fi Audio, for the record), but i had horrible latencies, so i am not able to get ,multiple recordings in-sync.

Next thing i tried was plugging the XLR-Jack-cable into my Studio GX, as someone seems to got it working without latencies on a UX-1 (http://line6.com/support/thread/59778). But when i am trying to do the same with my UX, it seems as that no signal is processed

or whatsoever.

My setup though seems to be correct, when a connect my guitar directly to the GX i get a signal.

Can somebody please helb me geht this working, if that is possible somehow, it would be great

TD90

Re: Recording Spider Valve Mk II with Studio GX through XLR?
by Kneehow on 2012-04-06 17:04:40

There's one thing I'm confused on that would prevent me from giving an accurate answer. It's the device(s) <--- ??? that you were testing on.

You mention that you have a Studio GX. However, then you mention a UX (which one? A UX1, UX2?). There's a different between the GX and the UX's in that input sources are increased with the UX1. A GX will default to the only input (the 1/4" instrument jack). With the UX1, there's a chance that the active input is set the XLR jack instead of the 1/4". This is done via the POD Farm software Input Selection. Double-check that to see if the 1/4" is set as the active input... I wonder if that is why no signal is process with the UX?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.