These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

My Spider III 150w keeps dying...help!!!
by ryanclark4 on 2009-05-18 02:21:13

Yo dudes, my spider III 150w keeps quitting on me after like 10mins of play. It's fine for around 5mins and then it starts buzzing and the sound quality gets worse and worse and then BAAAM! It just cuts out and the lcd display just shows a bunch of black squares instead of any of the presets it's supposed to show.

I then have to wait around 5mins and power off/on and i'll then get another few mins before the problem keeps re-occuring.

Any suggestions? I've tried the whole "loose power kettle/power lead" solution and it's definately a software problem or a problem with the board itself....

HELP!!!!

Re: My Spider III 150w keeps dying...help!!!
by Bluestone on 2009-05-18 05:45:18

Hi

Sorry to hear about the amp....and there is good news and bad news....

The bad....your amp has a fatal problem and can only be fixed by replacement/repair.....

The good news...anyone with this type of failure...(the Black Box Syndrome),,, is covered by Line 6 no matter how long you've owned the amp...

The best way to get things going and fastest...is to call Line 6....talk to Miller if possible...but anyone there will be helpful in getting you set up....

Hope you get it taken are of soon...and agian sorry to hear it...it happens on occasion...and you and  I both have had it happen to our amps...

Call L6........818-575-3600

OM

by ricksox on 2009-05-18 10:08:05

Hi,

It looks like you are located in the UK so you should call our offices over there and arrange a repair with them.

Line 6 - International

Line 6, Inc.

4 Sopwith Way

Drayton Fields Industrial Estate

Daventry, Northamptonshire

United Kingdom, NN118PB

Telefon: +44 (0) 1327 302 700

Fax: +44 (0) 1327 302 702

Line6Miller

by Enriquedelapaz on 2011-10-31 13:19:33

I have a similar problem. What bluestone says is not true. I called that number. No warranty. no coverage. no repair.   Nothing but avoidance and I don't knows.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.