These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

M9 Backup Problem
by ld60 on 2012-04-06 11:02:50

I just upgraded my M9 to release 2.04.  I have SysEx Librarian running on an iMac with OsX 10.7.3.  I'm using an M-Audio USB to MIDI connector to connect the M9 to the computer.

I have the M9 set to DUMP ALL? and I've tried both CH 1 and OMNI.

The SysEx Librarian shows the USB Uno MIDI Interface.  I click on Record Many and a popup window comes up saying it's "Waiting for SysEx message...".  Next I press both the Model Select and the Tap buttons at the same time.  Nothing happens.  If I hold them both down, after a couple of seconds, the screen flashes "LPR ON" and then goes to an effect screen.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the 2.04 software?

Thanks,

LeonD

Re: M9 Backup Problem
by ricksox on 2012-04-06 13:02:29

ld60 wrote:

I just upgraded my M9 to release 2.04.  I have SysEx Librarian running on an iMac with OsX 10.7.3.  I'm using an M-Audio USB to MIDI connector to connect the M9 to the computer.

I have the M9 set to DUMP ALL? and I've tried both CH 1 and OMNI.

The SysEx Librarian shows the USB Uno MIDI Interface.  I click on Record Many and a popup window comes up saying it's "Waiting for SysEx message...".  Next I press both the Model Select and the Tap buttons at the same time.  Nothing happens.  If I hold them both down, after a couple of seconds, the screen flashes "LPR ON" and then goes to an effect screen.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in the 2.04 software?

Thanks,

LeonD

When you press the Model Select and TAP buttons at the same time try pressing the model select button first just a half seconf before you  press the TAP. If that doesn't work, try pressing the TAP jsut a half second before the model select.

Also, make sure your UNO cables are connected correctly. The "To MIDI IN" naming scheme messes a lot  of people up at first.

ricksox

by PBFAntoine21 on 2012-04-07 02:53:27

Hi ricksox and Id60,

I have EXACTLY the same problem.

Nothing more than "LPR ON" happens.

Also noticeable: the setting of the dump-option switches from "Dump All" to one of the other settings.

Before upgrading the Firmware to 2.04 I was able to record via SysEx Librarian.

I use SysEx v 1.2.3 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 via RME Multiface.

Also all combinations of these won't work :

"When you press the Model Select and TAP buttons at the same time try pressing the model select button first just a half seconf before you  press the TAP. If that doesn't work, try pressing the TAP jsut a half second before the model select."

Of course: MIDI cables and connection checked. Also "Monkey v1.53" says all OK...

I really would appreciate if Line6 could come with some software to control the presets etc. EASILY. My wish would be to move the presets around between folders very smoothly.

Greetz, Antoine.

by ld60 on 2012-04-07 04:42:46

ricksox wrote:

When you press the Model Select and TAP buttons at the same time try pressing the model select button first just a half seconf before you  press the TAP. If that doesn't work, try pressing the TAP jsut a half second before the model select.

Also, make sure your UNO cables are connected correctly. The "To MIDI IN" naming scheme messes a lot  of people up at first.

ricksox

Thanks ricksox for the reply.

I tried all the combinations for Model Select and TAP.  One before the other, both at the same time, letting them go right away, holding them both down, etc.  Nothing mattered.

The cables are good; I had just used them to upgrade to 2.04.  I downloaded the latest SysEx software.  I tried different USB ports on the computer.

I was like the M9 was not sending the data.

by PBFAntoine21 on 2012-04-21 01:21:08

Hi, is there any news to this?

Thanx.

PBF Antoine.

by PBFAntoine21 on 2012-05-24 13:58:46

I still have the same issue.

I also see no other topics with this problem.

Checked all firmware updates via Monkey (latest, 1.55) And that says all OK.

Anybody got a solution?

Quite desperate here...

THANX!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.