These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

44 Magnum w/ Orange PPC112 or Tech 21 Power Engine 60?
by TonyTawfik on 2012-04-10 11:03:03

What's up guys, like many others, i am looking for an amp solution for my POD HD500. I have come to the conclusion that i don't want a set up with an extra pre amp. Now i'm stuck between the EHX 44 magnum hooked up to an Orange PPC112 cab (or if you have a better idea for a different and better cab for around the same price that would be great). Or the simple set up of a Tech 21 Power Engine 60?

I want something that:

-is loud enough to get a good resonance going over a drummer in a rehersal enviroment, but also be able to practice in the bedroom.

-not insanely heavy to carry

-doesn't compete heavily with my POD tones; although a little tone color wouldn't kill me.

-a versatile set up; can handle anything from singing fender clean to melt your face off Rectifier

P.S. i won't pay more than $400 for a cab

Thank you

Re: 44 Magnum w/ Orange PPC112 or Tech 21 Power Engine 60?
by johnnyayyy on 2012-04-10 12:28:30

TonyTawfik wrote:

I want something that:

-is loud enough to get a good resonance going over a drummer in a rehersal enviroment, but also be able to practice in the bedroom.

-not insanely heavy to carry

-doesn't compete heavily with my POD tones; although a little tone color wouldn't kill me.

-a versatile set up; can handle anything from singing fender clean to melt your face off Rectifier

I use the PE60 and it meets all of your requirements.

I have not tried the 44 Magnum or the Orange cab, I would bet they would work well for you also BUT (to state the obvious) when competing with a loud drummer 60 watts may be better than 44.

I also prefer the ease of setup and simplicity of the PE over the 44/Orange, and there is one less piece of gear to carry, store, and worry about leaving behind at a gig...choosing between these two rigs the PE wins IMO

by TonyTawfik on 2012-04-10 12:50:29

Does the PE60 give alot of "air?" Do you know what I mean? I mean the sustain and resonance that you get from a tube amp like a vox, or does tht depend only on my presets?

by TonyTawfik on 2012-04-10 12:51:16

Does the PE60 give alot of "air?" Do you know what I mean? I mean the sustain and resonance that you get from a tube amp like a vox, or does tht depend only on my presets?

by johnnyayyy on 2012-04-10 13:10:15

TonyTawfik wrote:

Does the PE60 give alot of "air?" Do you know what I mean? I mean the sustain and resonance that you get from a tube amp like a vox

Yes.

by TonyTawfik on 2012-04-10 13:37:21

Awesome thanks man :)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.