These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 USB - no sound? [WIN XP SP3|POD X3 (the red kidney bean)]
by gurkfest on 2012-04-14 00:52:03

Hello,

I am trying to use my POD X3 as an audiocontroller. I installed X3 drivers, made the updates with monkey. I successfully can select the POD in  windows settings to be my audiocontroller for input and output. Also, I can select it in audacity and cubase. I have read in other forums, that it is recommended to use the POD also as output controller to avoid latencies.

But, if I try to playback a wave I do not hear anything; neither on the headphones nor on the L/R output (and yes, I pushed up the master data on PC and on my X3 bean).

Am I missing something? Is there any tool I have to install to use the POD as audio contoller? Why do I find it in my windows settings, why do I see all the different channels in cubase and why does neither recording nor playback work?

If I am able to flash the firmware and the software of my POD, why does the audio stuff not work? Or do I have to make any settings on my POD? I searched the settings and the manual, but I did not find anything.

Please help me!

Thanks in advance :-)

Marcus

Re: POD X3 USB - no sound? [WIN XP SP3|POD X3 (the red kidney bean)]
by johnpicton on 2012-04-14 03:43:54

Just to check. You are monitoring the sound through the pod and not the computer? By that I mean that you have connected a set of headphones or speakers to the output on the pod rather than the computer. When you connect the pod it becomes your sound card, ant therefore your output system as well.

by gurkfest on 2012-04-14 06:32:45

Exactly. I use the headphone jack of my pod. Neither on the POD's headphone jack nor on the left/right out channels is any hearable output.

I successfully registered it as my soundcard. If I try to play a wav with audacity it switches to "running", but the playback cursor on the wave display does not move which makes me believe that I have a misconfiguration on my POD. The driver itself is available to the OS (both, input and output are set to X3).

If I set the output back to internal audio in audacity, the cursor moves correctly and I am able to hear the wav playback on my notebook.

Regards,

Marcus

by gurkfest on 2012-04-16 03:37:18

OK,

I am using Virtual Box on Linux running WinXP . So what I found out is, that there is a problem with USB Audio devices in VBox. Although I upgraded the firmware and the Softwareof my POD I through VirtualBox I am unable to make use of the soundcard capabilities of my POD.

So my current solution is to make a old hardware WinXP ready for recording - The linux drivers are working (I can see the correct driver beeing loaded in the kernel log), but on linux side I am unable to make the driver beeing bound to ALSA in openSuSE linux.

Regards,
Marcus

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.