These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Help...blending model and magnetic outputs through HD500??
by stugatzo on 2012-04-18 05:56:44

Hi there:

New JTV owner here so forgive me, but i cannot find a straight answer to this question or instructions how to do it.

I'm running the variax through an HD500 using the VDI cable and it sounds amazing.

I've seen references to being able to blend or layer sounds of the model and the magnetic p/ups so i can get a little distorted magnetic humbucker on top of the sparkling acoustic model (or any of the modeled sounds).

So...

1) Can this be done entirely through the VDI input and the HD500 or do i need to run the models through the VDI and the magnetic p/ups through the standard 1/4" output?

2) How is it done?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice or re-directs to other threads that explain this.

Stuart

Re: Help...blending model and magnetic outputs through HD500??
by litesnsirens on 2012-04-18 06:24:45

Yes it can be done, hopefull NickMattocks will be along soon to direct you to his patch.  Basically you just have to keep the inputs separate all the way through the signal chain of the HD500.  If Nick doesn't come along I will post up the patch I have which he sent to me.  IT's just that I'm not home at the moment to do so.  This patch will allow you to use the exp pedal on the HD500 to move from total acoustic tone (heel position) to total magnetic tone with (toe position) and a blend of both (middle position).  From there you can analyze what's going on and tweak whatever you need to tweak to make it right for you.

by slydawg65 on 2012-04-27 11:42:16

can someone post a walk through for setting up this patch as it has got me stumped..lol thanks..

by litesnsirens on 2012-04-27 13:42:00

Sorry guys, I forgot about this thread.  I'm heading to Florida for the week but I will try to post a patch that has this schemology before I leave so you can use/analyze it.

by litesnsirens on 2012-04-27 18:39:01

Ok here is a patch that is set up so that you go from model (acoustic in this case) to magnetics (marshall type sound).  Just download it change the ext. from .jpg back to .h5e and then dump it into an open patch in Edit.  You can see what's going on.  You have to try to keep the signals separate all the way through. This is set up so you fade from one sound to the other using the exp pedal.  in the middle both are present.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.