These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Using a Pod X3 as a head?
by augustaxcelson on 2012-04-18 08:08:54

Hey all! I have a Pod X3 that I use for recording and such that sounds terrific with the tone I created. What I usually do is plug it into a little PA I have, and use that as an amp since I never figured out how to make it come out of my computers speakers.

Now I'm in a very serious dedicated metalcore band, and one of our guitarist is having money troubles and can't get a head for a little while. I was wondering if it's at all possible to plug my Pod X3 directly into a cab and use that as a head? It seems all to simple to be true, but if it's possible that'll be fantastic. Any ideas?

(I'm new to the forums, this is the third place I've posted it. I posted this is two groups.. but I dont' think those are very active.)

Re: Using a Pod X3 as a head?
by TheRealZap on 2012-04-18 08:16:58

you'd still need an amp.... plugging into the PA would work.... but direct from x3 to cabinet will not.

by augustaxcelson on 2012-04-18 08:23:45

Sorry I'm very amatuer when it comes to this stuff. So if I plug the Pod directly into an XLR input into the PA it'll work?

by TheRealZap on 2012-04-18 08:35:27

yes, will work... probably even nicely since PA's tend to have a flat response... (guitar amps can color your tone)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.