These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: GearBox

Gearbox/Guitarport low gain/volume output
by theshred2510 on 2012-04-18 14:43:06

Im running a Guitarport through my laptop on windows 7, Im finding that I am getting a very low gain output even when using very high gain presets, the volume also seems to be low compared with playing iTunes etc through the Guitarport, I have tried all USB ports with the same results, I have run the Guitarport in a MacBook pro and the output is much better so presumably it is an issue with the USB ports on the laptop but Im just wondering if a) is this the case? And b) is there anything I can do to combat this.

All drivers and software upto date btw

Thanks

Re: Gearbox/Guitarport low gain/volume output
by Triryche on 2012-04-20 06:41:58

How are you monitoring the GuitarPort?

by theshred2510 on 2012-04-21 05:37:25

Headphones, I've tried the guitar port with all same components but on another laptop and there's much more gain and volume

by Triryche on 2012-04-21 06:58:42

Just for clarification, you have the phones connected to the UX2?

Did you check the volume levels in Windows mixer?

by theshred2510 on 2012-04-21 08:42:58

all levels are up in windows mixer, and headphones in right sockets, its more the gain than volume, get very little gain even on a high gain setting, my guitar has very hot pickups and we have tried the same set up on a different laptop with a much better tone

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.