These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Anyone used the Vocoder effect with the HD500 yet? If so - how do you set it up?
by edstar1960 on 2012-04-20 03:33:42

Decided to try out the VOCODER effect on my HD500 today but could not figure out how to get it set up.  I am on firmware 2.0.

Had a mic plugged in and a Variax and Input 1 set to Mic and Input 2 set to Variax and vice versa - also tried the vocoder in pre and post and on path 1 and path 2 but could only get a direct sound of either mic or vairax by reducing the mix level - certainly did not hear any effect. So obviously I am setting it up incorrectly.  I am just about to head off and research the manual but thought it was worth posting the question first in case someone has already sorted this out and they could perhaps save me some time by letting me know what I need to do.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction anyone can give.

Best Regards

Eddie

Re: Anyone used the Vocoder effect with the HD500 yet? If so - how do you set it up?
by edstar1960 on 2012-04-20 03:47:58

Great - found the answer - when you add a question it pops up with suggested answers in a box on the right hand side - and one of them had the answer.  It was this thread: http://line6.com/support/message/219777#219777

Point to remember - don't need to set either input to MIC - you just need to have it set to your instrument input and have 2 set to same. Then talk and play and voila the vocoder effect is there!

Closing out!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.