These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Looper questions.
by fanir on 2012-04-27 04:58:02

Hello, I've got a couple of newbie questions using the looper. Firstly, how do you pan the recorded loop so that it doesn't get overpowered by any sort of playing on top of it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Looper questions.
by mazuwa on 2012-04-27 05:13:12

(As you can see in the advanced manual page 8.1ff there is no panning option espacially for the looper.

The solution is to aleady record panned.

Gernerally the looper can be placed at the first or last position. To record the complete panned sound you must place the looper at the last position.

Now that your playing has been recorded by the looper you can change your preset or edit the sound (change panning), because the looper itself is undependent.

Example:

- Set the looper at last position.

- Make a preset panned hard left.

- Record with your looper.

- Change the preset or edit preset panned hard right.

- Playback the looper and start playing yourself.)

Sorry - my answer is not correct. I haven't tried it before. This idea came just out of my head.

by phil_m on 2012-04-27 07:35:45

This isn't correct. If you put the looper last in the chain, it will always sum what's coming into it and output it as a dual mono signal. So any panning you have in your tones will disappear. There's not really a good way to pan the looper. You can do some sort of separation by using the FX loop block cleverly, but it's not a very good solution because it requires modifying every patch that you want to use it in.

by fanir on 2012-04-28 10:35:42

Thanks for the replies. Really gives me a thing or two to think about. Anyway, I played around with the looper today and it seems that I don't get the right volume of when I play a riff, and when the looper records it. It's too soft. Is my Volume setting the culprit since it's on 100%? My Master Volume is on 50%.

Question, what does POST or PRE actually mean?

Many thanks again!

by silverhead on 2012-04-28 12:27:53

Placing the Looper in PRE postion means the looper will record the dry, unprocessed tone directly from the inputs. The recording is done before the amp/fx are applied to the incoming signal. This is useful when you want to experiment with different presets while playing back the looped recording of the dry signal. You can test out different amps/fx instantaneously without having to play the guitar.

Placing the Looper in POST position means that the looper will record the fully processed signal - all amp/fx in the preset are applied to the recording. This is useful when you want to, for instance, play a lead solo on top of playback of a processed rhythm guitar recording.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.