These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod hd500 power switch
by samuelito2011 on 2012-04-30 16:37:03

Hello guys

I have a question and maybe can help me

Since i got my pod hd500 i notice is doesnt have a power switch right! so i bought a power strip but it takes too much space and has too unnessary outlets... i bought thinking i could use it as a power switch but instead is making my pedalboard case shorter!

So my question is Does anybody has any idea how to add a power switch, make the power cord longer and NOT Noticiable? I'll will prefer a black color cord

I did a research here but i dont see any other solution besides from power strip! ANY MORE IDEAS???

thank you GUYS

Re: Pod hd500 power switch
by samuelito2011 on 2012-04-30 18:21:51

Guys i think i got the solution to extend the original cord without modifying it or messing it up....

The solution is simple, Just buying a Dc power extension Chord like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-Power-Plug-Connector-5-5X2-1mm-Extension-Cable-Cord-M-F-/290703565355?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43af48622b#ht_4763wt_1037

My question now is DOES ANYONE KNOW THE DIMENSION for the DC POWER? Will it work?

by PierreVenant on 2012-05-01 00:21:51

Guys,

were it not for the lose of the garanty when opening the HD300,I would  consider building a powerswitch in my HD300.

It should'nt be complicated and since the AC/DC convertor is located in the adaptor you would be working om a 9 Volt level.

I find it rather annoying having to unplug the adaptor when i'm not using the HD300.

Unless I find a power adaptor with an inbuilt switch I will have to be patient until my garanty runs out and opening the HD300 in order to install a switch.

Question to the constructors of the HD30":  why isn't a switch built in the HD300?".

Otherwise the thing is perfect for my set-up.

Pierre

by samuelito2011 on 2012-05-02 11:34:44

I got 86views but NONE answers

Come On guys Give me a help over here too!!!

by spaceatl on 2012-05-02 13:49:42

I run my gear on this...

http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=208

always...

Anyway, the lack of a switch did not really bother me all that much on my HD400...my mains switch in on my AVR...I run an HD, DT50 and DT25 on it...If you keep a 2:1 ratio on the AVR you select you minimize the chances of ever having a dropout...Anyhoo, that's my thought on the subject...

If you gig, get an AVR...If you don't, get a power strip and use an external mains switch....A good idea to at the very least use a power conditioner even those only protect you halfway (over voltage, not under voltage)...Brown conditions are more the norm in a venue with beer coolers, PA and lights...low voltage wears the supply and can even cause a reboot if it gets low enough...outdoor gigs with generators are even worse most of the time...

by samuelito2011 on 2012-05-02 14:03:35

i already have a power strip but i dont like it, it has too many outlets 7 in total to be exactly... I just need like 2 or 1 is fine but this thing is taking too much space in my pedalboard... im trying to get more space for future pedals.

thanks anyway for you post...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.