These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

FBV Express MKll still not working correctly with Pod HD desktop
by Warfare on 2012-05-01 05:11:59

Hi,

I just bought a FBV Express MKII in order to extend my Pod HD Desktop functionnalities (especially Looper which is not convenient without floor board).

All is up to date thanks to Line 6 Monkey, and FBV Express is well selected within POd HD setup menu.

Anyway, I got the same issue than other guys. Looper mode is not functionning properly.

While A B C D buttons are functionning on the Pod HD Desktop, same buttons on the FBV Express are not responding.

So I can start recording but not stop. In a same way I can start loop play but not stop ... same issue with Half Speed function and so on.

> I opened a support ticket which was closed with a reply from Line 6 Tony saying that he will ask Line 6 about this issue, I'm still without any news.

Could someone from Line 6 give us informations about this well known issue ? (Reported during 2011 summer, and still not solved even with new 2.02 firmware)

Please Help.

Best Regards,

Warfare

Re: FBV Express MKll still not working correctly with Pod HD desktop
by AzolHD on 2012-05-04 09:46:05

My ticket got closed as well, they say no ETA on the fix...

by Warfare on 2012-05-08 01:59:28

I'm quite amazed, no reply from Line 6 even with this thread in 'not solved' status.

On the other side, consequently to the reply I had for my support ticket, I didn't had any new information from Line 6 Tony.

Seriously, this feature don't work (at all) as described in user manual, how can they ignore customers claim by just replying that nothing is planned ?

by TheRealZap on 2012-05-13 09:30:23

just letting everyone know... the longboard is available for 100$ used: http://www.guitarcenter.com/-i2513868.gc

sameprice as express... but way bigger...

just thought i'd share in case any of you were interested.

by AzolHD on 2012-05-14 10:35:55

"Purchase another piece of gear if Line6 is not going to fix the one you've already paid for" - interesting mentality.

by TheRealZap on 2012-05-14 10:56:46

no but it's going to make the functions work...

staring at a piece of gear that doesn't do what you want it to... makes even less sense.

regardless... i was passing that on as a courtesy for those that might like the extra functionaility without the cost typically associated.

if that's not you... fine.

carry on.

by AzolHD on 2012-05-15 10:23:54

Well, at least thanks for bumping this thread once more.

by BrianLiu on 2012-05-25 07:33:01

Oh, I get the same problem too.

I hope line6 can fix this problem . when the looper mode is on, then suspend the function of tap or tuner

by keykeeper on 2012-05-27 12:45:25

Line6 should learn from this and should not state that something is supported when it is in reality not.. I bought the express to save floor space - but the fact that you are not able to change banks and that the looper does not work (and that you are not able to switch to loop mode from the pedal) makes the pedal pretty useless for POD bean..

by Warfare on 2012-05-28 06:04:49

I tottaly agree. No news from Line 6 Tony despite my last support ticket.

Still not possible to take profit of looper mode ... Grrrrrr.

At least Line 6 could communicate clearly about this bug, because the situation let us think that Line 6 didn't planned anything.

Perhaps should we send a letter to Line 6 Management, pointing this forum and our problems ?

by Line6Tony on 2012-06-06 16:54:21

Guys, I have been informed that Engineering is working on this for the next POD HD update which will fix this and other bugs. However, there is no firm date for the release, as they are also working on other updates queued up before the HD update. That's the only news I have right now.

I'm marking this thread answered, but that does not mean we are forgetting about this problem. It's documented, verified and in the queue.

by AzolHD on 2012-06-07 12:19:46

BEST. NEWS. EVER.

Thank you guys!!!

by Warfare on 2012-06-07 13:50:20

This is a good news for sure.

I'm waiting this update with great impatience !

Anyway thank you Line 6 Tony

by pdjones2112 on 2012-07-11 10:03:09

Is there any news on the firmware update for this issue?

by bclarke675 on 2012-07-11 10:29:04

This will probably come after the 2.0 upgrade for the 300/400.

by magpie on 2012-08-11 16:28:50

Unfortunately this critical bug has not been fixed by Line6 even after 1 year of knowing about it.

Why is this taking so long to fix for the modeling company with the biggest pockets, when much smaller modeling companies can fix bugs with very frequent updates? We all know line6 could fix this asap if they wanted to.

Users still can't use the looper mode as advertised with POD HD bean and FBV Express II.

Line6 should take responsability and not sell a faulty product without clearly informing users on the homepage that it's not working as advertised.

If this bug happened inside the HD500 I think it would be fixed ASAP because too many would complain.

Here is a thread I started about it:

http://line6.com/support/message/362136#362136

Anotherthread:

http://line6.com/support/message/327151#327151

Another:

http://line6.com/support/message/319654#319654

Line6Perry quote, August 15, 2011:

"The problem is not a hardware issue with the FBV Express MKII. It would appear to a be a bug in the POD HD Bean's current internal operating system software.

We've logged a bug for this issue for software to investigate and respond accordingly. No ETA is available at this point, but we do apologize for the inconvenience. The only solution would have to come in a bug fix of a potential future OS/firmware update via Monkey."

by Warfare on 2012-08-12 03:43:43

I totally agree Magpie, and I really hope that new firmware - as told by Line6 Tony - will solve this issue (and in addition bring us the Soldano SLO 100).

Anyway, I'm quite disapointed regarding Line 6 reactivity. Seem's there are only two trainee working on software development ...

It remember me the issue with patch compatiblity. Thank's to a skilled customer, this issue was solved (but not by Line 6) by creating a converter.

Kudos for this guy : http://www.jzab.de/content/pod-hd

style="text-decoration: underline;">Hey Line 6 mates, we're waiting for the new firmware in order to use as it should be this damn FBV Express MKII !

by chaoz on 2012-08-24 14:43:08

i just got the express mk2 pedal for my hd desktop for only looping. i have the same problem with you guys. i wish i read this post before buying it but now it is too late for me ): is there any news for that issue?

by magpie on 2012-09-27 19:44:35

Line6 will hopefully fix this critical bug in a few weeks.

Here is what Line6Hugo wrote sep 27 in this thread about the HD500/Desktop new amp update:

http://line6.com/support/message/392719#392719">http://line6.com/support/message/392719#392719">http://line6.com/support/message/392719#392719

"Hello everyone,

We are currently working on a release and we are close to finishing our testing, so an update for the remaining POD HD500/Pro/Desktop units is definitely coming soon.  Please check our forums in the next couple of weeks for an update on our progress.

Best regards,

Line6Hugo"

by AzolHD on 2012-10-19 00:25:00

FIXED IN 2.1!!!

by BrianLiu on 2012-10-19 07:06:45

The price is that I can not switch the patches at the looper mode ....haha

by BrianLiu on 2012-10-19 07:25:34

sorry for my carelessness....it can be switched just press the SELECT then double press ENTER to enter the patches list.

thank you line6 guys~ now I really love it~

by Warfare on 2012-10-20 05:52:26

Need some help guys, seem's that when FBV is enabled within configuration menu - by the way allowing looper mode to well function - it's no more possible to enable tuner by holding a footswitch ... same for you guys ?

by magpie on 2012-10-20 09:36:00

Warfare, I also can no longer enable the tuner on my fbv express 2 when connected to the pod HD bean after the update!

The tuner can still be enabled on the HD bean tap/tuner button, but no longer by holding an express footswitch.

I also experienced some crasches in HD edit after the update when using the fbv express 2.

At least for the first time we finally got the HD bean + fbv express 2 working as advertised in looper mode since the release.

It has taken Line6 an amazing 1 year and 2 months to actually make this normal function to work.

I don't even dare to estimate how long this new tuner problem will take to fix.

Lucky me I don't need to tune that often

Anyone up for creating a bug report on this?

I don't have time now.

by Warfare on 2012-10-20 15:26:45

Damn ... It took less than 3 days to discover this bug. How beta tester could miss that ?

I'm clearly voluntary to become beta tester if it can help to avoid this kind of problem.

Anyway, what is the method to create a bug report ?

by TheRealZap on 2012-10-20 15:30:30

Warfare wrote:

Anyway, what is the method to create a bug report ?

http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/

doesthe tuner work when you aren't in looper mode?

with all the other pods entering the tuner mode clears the looper (you lose any loops)

just curious, cause it may be by design for this reason...

however if it doesn't work in other modes that's probably not the case.

by magpie on 2012-10-20 16:20:51

Holding down the footswitch/es on the fbv express 2 won't engage the tuner at all now after the update.

Neither in normal or looper mode.

Tap tempo works like it should on all switches and calibrating the fbv didn't fix this new tuner bug.

by Warfare on 2012-10-21 02:39:26

Hello RealZap,

Thank you for your feedback. The customer claim is done :

"Since new update (2.1.0) the tuner function is no more functionning with FBV Express MKII : while holding the footswitch nothing happen.

Problem is described here :

http://line6.com/support/message/396709

Hopeit will not take 1year and a half (that what it took to solve the looper problem)."

I really hope Line 6 will be able to fix shortly this issue with this floorboard !

by AzolHD on 2012-11-01 04:13:00

Support guys answered that they are aware of this problem, so we have to wait a bit for the fix.

One workaround could be turning off FBV Express feature in POD system settings, but this of course will break other functionality of pedalboard. So if you need tuner more than anything - try it out.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.