These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

DT25 PRESENCE knob doesn't sync with POD HD500
by guitar4u on 2012-05-06 11:21:12

Hi guys, have any of you experienced this glitch? If not, do you have any ideas about what the problem could be? Could it be a calibration issue?

I have connected a POD HD500 (Firmware 2.02) to a DT25 head via L6 Link with a "Planet Waves PW-AES-20 AES/EBU Cable". I am running POD HD500 EDIT (version 2.0) software with a JTV 69 connected via VDI cable to the "VARIAX" input. Here is the problem:

The presence or "PRES" knob on the HD500 is NOT syncing up with the "PRESENCE" knob on the DT25 head. Whenever I make an adjustment to the PRESENCE knob on the DT25 the POD500 PRES knob will jump back and forth or not respond at all. Whatever changes I make to the PRESENCE knob on the DT25, the POD HD500 will snap back to its original, starting position.

Note: All of the other DT25 controls (Bass, Middle, Treble, etc.) appear to be syncing correctly EXCEPT that, sometimes, turning these knobs will trigger the PRESENCE knob to jump up and down a few notches (as if they are connected).

This problem is isolated to the PRESENCE knob on the DT25 Head ONLY. The HD500, by itself, does not have a problem syncing with the HD500 EDIT software.

Thank you for any help you can provide

Rich

Re: DT25 PRESENCE knob doesn't sync with POD HD500
by guitar4u on 2012-05-13 10:46:30

I swapped out the AES cable for an XLR cable and re-flashed/updated the firmware on BOTH DT25 and HD500 units. Unfortunately, none of these solutions had any effect.

When turning the PRESENCE knob on the DT25, the HD500 still jumps back and forth and eventually settles on 11% setting. The behavior is intermittent and occasionally, does not happen at all. I experimented with how quickly and how far I can adjust the PRESENCE knob on the amp before it starts jumping around; it seems as if when it gets past the halfway mark, it starts behaving erratically. If I twist it back and forth a few times, it will eventually settle on the correct setting.

Making adjustments to the HD500's PRESENCE knob directly works as expected with no problems and the amp by itself (without the HD500 connected) doesn't seem to have any issues. The problem is only with the DT25 connected to the HD500 via L6 Link.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I have a ticket open but none of the suggestions offered so far have fixed this.

Thanks for any feedback you can offer

Rich

by Atminstone on 2012-05-15 04:11:43

I had a similar issue with HD400 drive knob. The drive knob value changed on the POD when not touching, so it interpreted it as a change in value -> jumped back to the POD setting even when I was tweaking the DT25. I had some dirt under the knob and after some cleaning has worked fine.

I'm not sure this is the same problem as yours. Is the presence always jumping back to 11% or is it jumping back to what the POD physical knob is showing? If it's jumping back to the POD physical position, I believe it has something to do with the actual knob.

by guitar4u on 2012-05-15 11:26:22

Thanks for the feedback. How would I clean dirt out of the knob on the DT25 or POD HD500? Is there a technique for removing the knob?

by Atminstone on 2012-05-15 14:09:50

I had a grain of sand or something stuck between the knob and the POD. I didn't take the knob out. I used a kitchen knife (or something that fits underneath the knob), sprayed compressed air and moved the knob from min to max a few times, while wiggling the knob, until the dirt came out.

It was pretty clear in my case that the drive always jumped back to the pod physical position since all my patches had the same amount of drive, regardless of earlier programming.

I wouldn't suggest removing the knob completely (since I'm not sure how to get it back on , or if it comes out in one piece). I would try cleaning under the knob manually, even though there's not much you can clean. If you have some electronic cleaner, spray some of that (just make sure the cleaner is made for electronics). Then turn the knob from min to max about 10-20 times to see if you can that way get the dirt to come off.

It's also possible that your issue is something completely different, but then I'm afraid I can't help. But as I said, if it's jumping back to the actual POD knob position (not the same 11% regardless of what position the knob is at), then it's propably the knob.

by Line6Tony on 2012-05-31 16:45:08

It looks like your question was answered. If not, post again, as the forums are a good place to find advice about tone, computer configuration, and subjective questions about sound and application. If you have technical questions, you can create a support ticket at http://line6.com/support/...Contact Technical Support, and we will respond to you directly in the ticket.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.