These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

POD xt Live ridiculously quiet when playing through PA
by jbrooks100 on 2012-05-08 00:06:56

Hey guys, I recently upgraded from the Floorpod plus to the Pod XT live. I took it to practice through a pa system for the first time tonight after having it run through my monitors and as my usb interface for a couple weeks. As soon as I hooked it all up, it realized that the output is waaaaaaay too quiet to be functioning properly. Ive got the amp/line switch on line since im running it straight to the board, the output knob on the back is all the way up, the volume pedal is maxed, and the channel volume is maxed as well. Output mode is Studio Direct. It comes through plenty loud in my house, but through the PA there was barely any sound. I had the gain on the board cranked all the way up and it still was nowhere near my other guitarists floorpod.

What could be the problem here? Its not any of the cables or the DI box or the channel on the board.

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. I have a show on saturday and this is my only rig available right now.

Thanks!

Re: POD xt Live ridiculously quiet when playing through PA
by Triryche on 2012-05-08 09:09:19

Did the PAD button on the back get pushed in?

by jbrooks100 on 2012-05-08 11:48:33

No its not. The switch is set to NORM so there shouldnt be a volume cut. Another thing I noticed is that when i drop the volume pedal all the way down, both in the studio and through the PA, theres still a significant bleed through. Could calibrating the expression pedal help the max output volume or would it just fix the bleed through?

by Line6Tony on 2012-05-23 10:33:26

Calibration may help. Here's where to find the routine for it: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4747

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.