These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD XT linked pod farm upgrade?
by pillowhead4000 on 2012-05-08 05:34:28

Hey there,

I have a pod xt which i purchased pod farm to use with, I also purchased all the model packs and they all work great with podfarm with the xt plugged in! (they are registered to me not the hardware right?)

I want to upgrade pod farm 1 to pod farm 2.5 because I have a new preamp and dont want to have my pod plugged in any more!

If I did the $49 upgrade from pod farm 1 to pod farm 2.5 will i be able to run pod farm without my pod xt plugged in and utilise my model packs or not?

I only see an upgrade path to ilok version oddly even though i thought PF was hardware independent?! will it work without an ilok even if i purchase through this link?

anyway if you guys have any experience or knowledge of this i would be very grateful!! thank you!!!

Re: POD XT linked pod farm upgrade?
by TheRealZap on 2012-05-08 05:40:27

as long as you buy any pod farm 2.5 license... OTHER than the ilok, you'll be able to do what you want...

you may need to get the power pack model pack though... as it contains the pod models... you probably didn't buy it before as it wasn't necassary.

if you purchased the addons with the account you are currently logged in with... then those addons belong to that account...

if you bought the xt with model packs etc... they would be lost...because they belong to the account that originally purchased them...

you do have to upgrade to pod farm 2.5, and the new license manager to use any of the hardware free options.

by pillowhead4000 on 2012-05-08 05:57:52

Thankyou for the reply

right okay i thought that may be the case, isnt the power pack just the default pack that should come with any version of podfarm anyway so that should be okay,

I bought the modelpacks seperately also so thats not a problem then,

still if i can find the correct upgrade for 49 bucks i will buy it, but i'm not gunna fork out $99 for the ilok free version because it doesnt make sense to me!!

any way cheers for the help mate!!

by TheRealZap on 2012-05-08 06:06:46

pod farm by itself include 18 amp models:

Marshall® JCM-900 (Clean)Scooped and highly responsive to the player's touch. This model has beautiful high-end shimmer for one of the best feeling clean tones we've ever made.
Blackface Fender® Twin Reverb®The classic Nashville spank! Crank the Drive knob for some extra grit and growl!
Vox® AC30 Top BoostBrilliant, singing tones with an addictive chime made famous by generations of Brit-rockers.
Orange® AD30Rounded off British-style distortion with a cool mid-honk and great cut.
Diezel® HerbertA modern, scooped metal sound made for high-gain mayhem.
Gretsch 6156A forward mid-range for a classic rockabilly sound.
Mesa/Boogie® Dual Rectifier®A one-way ticket to high-gain heaven! Tight, punchy and ready to go.
Line 6 InsaneDialed in for shredding with intensity, impact and mid-range teeth for a bone-crushing grind.
Eden Traveler WT-300A super-clean tone ideal for funk and fusion. It'll give you all the warm lows and punchy highs you need.
Ampeg® SVT®A classic of the genre, which has appeared on innumerable recordings and arena stages worldwide.
Ampeg® B-15AA tribute to the late '60s/early '70s clean, fat bass tones that you can hear on most Motown recordings.

power pack has these 24:

Amp Models:
Line 6 Clean1968 Plexi Variac'd
Line 6 Mood1993 Match D-30
1965 Double Verb1960 Class A-15
1965 Plexi 45Line 6 Variax Acoustic
1996 Match ChiefLine 6 Class A
1960s Super O1960 Tiny Tweed
Line 6 Agro1973 Hiway 100
Line 6 JTS-451996 Brit JM Pre
2001 Zen Master1985 Cali Crunch
1960 Two-ToneLine 6 Lunatic
L6 Modern High GainL6 Boutique #1
Class A-30 FawnBrit J-2000 #2

by pillowhead4000 on 2012-05-10 02:23:24

ok mate thanks for the info!! i don't think the old pod sounds can compete with modern software now so i think i may pass on the upgrade anyways, Il wait for Pod Farm HD to arrive!! one can hope!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.