These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Problem with Roland EV-5
by takitiger on 2012-05-12 00:44:13

Hi there,

I noticed in the forum a lot of people are using the Roland EV5 for a second expression pedal with the POD HD500

I bought the same for the same reason.

But, when I plug it in the indicator light lights up when the jack is halfway and goes out again when I fully plug it in. Gotta be the stereo jack or?

How do I get rid of that problem?

Also, I tried to keep it there (halfway) for a while to see how it's working. It's working backwards. Heel full on and tip zero. Is there any way to fix that or do I have to go and reverse all my mins and maxs of my sounds?

I will only use the Roland as a volume pedal to control ch vol out, as the built in one I will use mostly to control my delay mix

Any help will be appreciated. I'm not THAT good with things like that you see

Re: Problem with Roland EV-5
by takitiger on 2012-05-13 05:05:25

hmmmm, bump?

by takitiger on 2012-05-14 03:04:33

Problem solved

Just replace the stereo jack of the EV5 with a mono one, cut away the "naked" wire (you won't need) and solder the wires on the jack just like you would do on any mono jack.

Works like a charm

For the "backwards" working, just open the pedal, find the pot that the pedal is attached to and replace the 2 edge wires (solder the one to the othr's place)

Done

by Rewolf48 on 2012-05-14 05:38:20

I use an EV-5 and haven't had any problems with it once you realise that the Minimum Volume adjustment knob has to be set to "0" otherwise it does act funny.  Push the plug all the way in and both expression lights should come on.  The Line 6 equivalent doesn't have the "advanced" minimum volume function of the BOSS unit so the HD500 doesn't like it.

The only thing I did was to open up the EV-5 and fold all but a foot of the cable into the body so that it sits neatly on the right of the HD500 without cable everywhere.

by takitiger on 2012-05-14 09:30:23

Thanx a lot man

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.