These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Pod hd500 with Ear monitor
by samuelito2011 on 2012-05-16 14:46:27

I Want just opinion what you guys are using pod hd500 and some earphones to play live?  Any recommendations? thanks

Re: Pod hd500 with Ear monitor
by samuelito2011 on 2012-05-18 13:16:39

I Got 49 views and Not Answers!! that lame!!!

by jimsreynolds on 2012-05-19 00:12:15

Given the number of people monitoring this forum who actually use in ear monitors:  that would seem statistically consistent.  Patience, 1.5 hrs is not exactly an age.  Bump in a few days if needed.

by BergmanM on 2012-05-19 07:43:17

Hi,

I recently switched from tube amp, to in ear monitor as I was having troubles reproducing the sound on stage that I had made at home.

I use an in ear system with double mono mode. The XLR out is sent to the PA and one of the 1/4"jack out goes to the in ear transmitter. The other channel on the in ear transmitter gets a monitoring mix from the PA  back so I can hear the others.

In this way the singla to the PA can be stereo a;though on the in ear system I only get mono. But I can live with that.

As the system I use supports double mono I can set the level of the signal comming directly from the POD in relation to the signal comming from the PA system to my likings during playing if neccessary. The mix from the PA system is set right during the soudcheck.

Run the POD in studio direct and voila you get the same sound as you made at home on the in ear monitor.

The only thing you have to hope for is that the sound man running the PA system does a good job for you.

To get this right I play in a loop on the POD and run it, walk to the soundman and help him setting up my tone to be adjusted to the environment I am playing in. In this way I am sure that the stage sound does match the tone I want.

Hope this helps you.

by samuelito2011 on 2012-05-19 08:59:54

Yeah you right! LOL

by jimsreynolds on 2012-05-19 09:01:08

abvo wrote:

To get this right I play in a loop on the POD and run it, walk to the soundman and help him setting up my tone to be adjusted to the environment I am playing in. In this way I am sure that the stage sound does match the tone I want.

With or without the in-ear monitors:  that is a sweet tip!   Another cool use for the looper.  Thanks for sharing.

by samuelito2011 on 2012-05-19 09:06:48

thank you for the info!

But here is my situation!

I have an FRFR amp with a single mono 1/4 cable! The leader in our church want me to move my amp a little futher and in front of me! so im not going to be able to hear when we are improvising. So im looking for a ear monitor that i will conect to phone jack on the Hd500... Right now i cant afford a transmiter so im planning to buy a extension earphone cord to make longer in that way i'll use it

what do you think?

by BergmanM on 2012-05-19 12:26:22

Using a extension cable for the in hear monitor should work as well. To hear the others just use only one in ear piece. The volume of the in ear monitor is then controlled by the POD master volume. This also effects the sound to your amp.

I you want to have the volume control going to the amp seperate from the in ear monitor a headphone amp is required. This headphone amps than controls the volume going to your in ear monitor.

There are budget wired in ear monitoring amps like http://www.thomann.de/nl/millenium_hpa_in_ear.htm">http://www.thomann.de/nl/millenium_hpa_in_ear.htm">http://www.thomann.de/nl/millenium_hpa_in_ear.htmor the ones from fischer amps which can be worn on your guitar belt.

by samuelito2011 on 2012-05-19 21:57:55

thanks bro!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.