These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Pro Tools 10 & UX1 signal too hot
by Hirokotzu on 2012-05-16 20:59:25

Hey guys, I recently bought Pro Tools 10 and planned to use my Toneport UX1 with it, but am having some problems. I previously have used the toneport with Ableton Live 7 using ASIO4All to get the buffer down to reduce the latency, since the built in Line 6 driver didn't fair so well in my experience.

Anyway, right now I cannot seem to get the instrument signal to become less hot. When I play anything with normal pick attack, the signal hits 0db and is maxed out. In Ableton this was never a problem, the signal would be normal or on the weaker side if I wanted it to be, then I could always compress it if I wanted something more. Now I have the exact opposite problem. The UX1 has no pad to the instrument signal as far as I know, so could anyone give me some help on how to make the signal lower in Pro Tools 10? If I can't figure it out I might just buy a MOTU Microbook II, which the sound engineer at the studio I intern at recommended for Windows & Mac Pro Tool use. The computer that I am addressing right now is my Windows 7 desktop, which is what I do my recording on. My Macbook Pro would just be used for mixing, so ignore that.

Hope someone can help, thanks!

Re: Pro Tools 10 & UX1 signal too hot
by Triryche on 2012-05-17 05:30:37

Is it the dry or wet signal that is too hot?

If it is the wet, just turn down the channel volume on your amp model.

by hulbert on 2012-05-17 05:33:07

Hi,

If you have pod farm, open up the standalone version and go to mixer view, and then pull down either the instrument fader a bit, or the 'send' fader.

I hope that helps with the problem,

God Bless,

David

by TheRealZap on 2012-05-17 05:43:34

btw... ASIO4ALL might report less latency... but it's not true...

first of all you are bypassing the accurate ASIO specification since ASIO4ALL is reverse engineered...

and secondly you'd actually be bypassing the tonedirect functionality on the Line6 Driver.

that tonedirect functionality creates a discrete path for your tone, which decreases latency beyond what your software might report.

meaning of course that the software would report the latency incorrectly giving the appearance of more latency.

i would check the control panel for the "hot" problem...

there will be a gain control in the line6 applet and a +18 button... both of which might help.

by Line6Don on 2012-05-17 18:03:39

I would suggest trying it with our latest available Windows drivers, they are available for download directly from the link below:

Windows Drivers 4.2.5.4:

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4791

style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt;">We do not support ASIO4ALL drivers or how are hardware works when they are used.

If you have any questions moving forward, please know that Line 6 is no longer supplying support via the forums. Instead, you can create a support ticket at:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.