These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

DT50 or Spider Valve Combo 2x12 Extension Cab
by WhatisJJ on 2012-05-17 14:47:29

Hey guys,

New to the forum, I've been lurking for quite awhile, but anyways, I'm about to purchase my first Line 6 amp after spending many years going through the whole Marshall/Mesa/Peavey phase and I'm looking for something that is catered towards recording with a lot of versatility, yet epic for live usage as well. After playing through some current generation L6 products that friends of mine own, I was sold. I just got rid of my 6505+/Orange 4x12 setup so I can afford a new Line 6 rig. I used the first version of the POD many years ago and I regret misplacing it and never being able to find it since. Anyways, I'm looking at moving towards a 2x12 setup for portability, however, I need the extra 2x12 cabinet for my live usage.

My question to you guys is this: What 2x12 cab should I go with if I were to get either a DT50 or Spider Valve 2x12 combo? I've been trying to pair up dimensions and all that jazz to find something that fits, but my search always ends up dry. I'm a little bit OCD about having my rig look perfect (you should've seen how insane my old pedal board was arranged). I don't mind having something that is slightly longer than the amp, but nothing that sticks out like a sore thumb. I wanted to see if any of you current users have found a cab(s) that match up just right with either of these combo amps. I'm not too picky as to quality or anything considering it's only going to be for live usage, that said if a nice cab is a great fit, I don't mind spending the extra dough for it. I've been looking at the standard orange 2x12, but I know that it is a very long cabinet, so I'm sure it's going to look a little weird. Anyways, any advice would be stellar!

Thanks!

Re: DT50 or Spider Valve Combo 2x12 Extension Cab
by bartpuglise on 2012-05-17 20:23:54

Check out www.avatarspeakers.com

I have 2 2x12 cabs matched up with my DT50 head and HD500.

Sounds great and they were reasonably priced  especially considering I specified what type of celestions to install

Good luck!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.