These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

POD X3 Pro MIDI question
by x_eroxed on 2012-05-18 16:42:03

Hey everyone this might be a dumb question but I recently purchased a USB to MIDI cable to hook up my Roland TD9 E drum kit into my computer to be able to MIDI map and trigger superior drummer 2.0. Needless to say Superior drummer 2.0 detected the cable but would neither trigger nor map any midi notes. My POD X3 Pro has 2 midi ports on the back so my question is, can I get a MIDI to MIDI cable, run the cable from the brain of my Roland TD-9 into the PODs MIDI ports and use it as my device to map midi from the drum kit into my recording software. Right now I use reaper but i'm going to try Presonus very soon. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Re: POD X3 Pro MIDI question
by silverhead on 2012-05-18 18:36:02

The Pod X3 midi implementation is not a full midi implementation. In particular, it does not handle midi notes (on/off or other note commands like mapping).It only recognizes program change and some continuous controller midi commands. In order to do what you want you will need a midi interface device.

by x_eroxed on 2012-05-18 19:49:25

Hey thanks for the answer, any MIDI interfaces that you reccomend? I shouldnt need anything fancy should I? I just want to be able to midi map my drums and a keyboard in the future.

by silverhead on 2012-05-19 05:14:14

No, you shouldn't need anything fancy. A basic midi interface should be adequate. I have no specific recommendations.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.